Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

181 - 200 of 365 Posts

·
Banned
1,585 Posts
Speedmaster is in the Autosalon in Brussels, Belgium this week. Went to my dealer and he will have one mid-March. Prices were released yesterday for Belgium. Around €14.000 whish is kinda steep...
By 'eck, that's like £12,600 in real money. :surprise:

·
Registered
40 Posts
The speedmaster price was the base price, not the out-the-door (OTD) or ride away price.

I got an OTD quote on a T120, 2018, Red/Silver @ $13,190 this weekend. That is with our state tax, etc. They are willing to waive the registration fees, etc.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
its a beauty for sure, but add the two tone i can't resist + the usual xtra fees + tax it looks like i will be keeping what i have for now. preowned will be a better value in a year or so, more in my price range but prolly test ride one anyhow to see if it compares to my excellent Vic Hammer. biggest reason for a change would be the curb weight but depends how it feels. my 673 lb hammer curb weight feels lighter than the number says + a few friends that also rode it commented on the light feeling as well!! the Vic is paid for + has several power + simplicity that the speedmaster could never compare to!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
its a beauty for sure, but add the two tone i can't resist + the usual xtra fees + tax it looks like i will be keeping what i have for now. preowned will be a better value in a year or so, more in my price range but prolly test ride one anyhow to see if it compares to my excellent Vic Hammer. biggest reason for a change would be the curb weight but depends how it feels. my 673 lb hammer curb weight feels lighter than the number says + a few friends that also rode it commented on the light feeling as well!! the Vic is paid for + has several power + simplicity that the speedmaster could never compare to!!
I have a Victory Jackpot. Great bike and acres of chrome and custom type paint. Tons of power from the 106, and it does have a light feel for it's weight. Of course it's nothing like a Bonneville which has that classic retro feel. I'm right now close to purchasing a leftover 2016 Thruxton. I have a 2014 Bonnie also.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Speedmaster is in the Autosalon in Brussels, Belgium this week. Went to my dealer and he will have one mid-March. Prices were released yesterday for Belgium. Around €14.000 whish is kinda steep...
Was at the expo in Brussels and sat on the new Speedmaster. First impressions were it was a bit small and seating position wise I wasn't half as comfortable as on my 2014 Speedmaster. Other than that, it's a great looking bike.

14000 €?! That's a price increase of almost 50% over the old model!

I must say, walking around at other brands expositions as well, Triumph really stood out for me, by far the best looking brand out there!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Was at the expo in Brussels and sat on the new Speedmaster. First impressions were it was a bit small and seating position wise I wasn't half as comfortable as on my 2014 Speedmaster. Other than that, it's a great looking bike.

14000 €?! That's a price increase of almost 50% over the old model!

I must say, walking around at other brands expositions as well, Triumph really stood out for me, by far the best looking brand out there!
Dang. This bums me out, but I’m not surprised. The Bobber is small, so it makes sense the Speedmaster would be similar.

Can I ask how tall you are?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Speedmaster foot peg adjustability

I've read that you can get feet forward pegs for the Bobber. Does anyone know if you will be able to change Speedmaster foot pegs from feet forward to mid position like the Bobber?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I have read previously in an article review, that would indeed be an available "Mid-Controls" accessory. (Probably just the same or similar setup that is stock on the Bobber.)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've read that you can get feet forward pegs for the Bobber. Does anyone know if you will be able to change Speedmaster foot pegs from feet forward to mid position like the Bobber?
I'm just guessing, but I don't see why not. The parts should be reversible. Then again, we're talking Triumph and they're weird sometimes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
rodhotter;2003405465..add the two tone i can't resist[/QUOTE said:
I'm probably going to wait for one to show up on the used market here. I do love the back and white best but I have contingency plans already. Some nice racing/rally stripes if a red one pops up. But I'm almost hoping a plain black one will show up first. If so, I'm going to start making it reminiscent of a fifties Speed Twin. It's already got the headlight nacelle, spoked wheels, hardtail, and battery box.
And I've got a serious thing for that four bar badge!

Attachments

181 - 200 of 365 Posts