Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted some pictures in a few other threads about my displeasure and journey with the beach bars on the new Speedmaster. I think I have finally found a good solution for me. After a few tries with a T120 bar and various spacers and risers, I think I have found my sweet spot. I guess all it takes is money.

I have settled on a set of LSL Flat Track bars and a set of 2" ROX risers. The risers gives me the ability to go up and back at various angles. The flat track bars have a bit of rise, but don't have the dramatic pullback that the beach bars have. At any kind of speed with the beach bars, I felt that I wanted to just slide off them. These are way more comfortable.

Here is the final product...

·
Registered
15 Posts
The bars look great! And the risers definitely look like they give interesting options but aesthetically...

Any issues with the stock cables and brake line?

Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bars look great! And the risers definitely look like they give interesting options but aesthetically...

Any issues with the stock cables and brake line?

Thanks for sharing!
Sitting on the bike, you don't even notice the risers. They just blend in.

No problem with the cables for the 2" risers. I tried a set of 3" risers first and they stretched the clutch cable a bit. Plus, they were not as comfortable as the 2" with these bars.

I don't know what Triumph was thinking with those beach bars.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
I really like this option. I do not like the beach bars at all. Thanks for the info. BTW what part of Florida?.....I'm in Orlando.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Reviving an old thread, but what problems do some of you have with the beach bars? Blusideupp mentioned hands wanting to slide off at speed. What are some of the other issues some of you have? Thanks for any insights.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Reviving an old thread, but what problems do some of you have with the beach bars? Blusideupp mentioned hands wanting to slide off at speed. What are some of the other issues some of you have? Thanks for any insights.
My biggest issue is wrist ache due to the acute angle that one's hands are at gripping the bars. Especially true if you cover the front brake lever on the right. My issue is compounded by a wrist injury from climbing.

Cheers,

M

·
Registered
928 Posts
I have ordered my SM ad I'm having late model America bars installed I will see how they work.I may need pull back risers we will see.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi

Are you able to post a pic from the side, square on?

Rob

I have posted some pictures in a few other threads about my displeasure and journey with the beach bars on the new Speedmaster. I think I have finally found a good solution for me. After a few tries with a T120 bar and various spacers and risers, I think I have found my sweet spot. I guess all it takes is money.

I have settled on a set of LSL Flat Track bars and a set of 2" ROX risers. The risers gives me the ability to go up and back at various angles. The flat track bars have a bit of rise, but don't have the dramatic pullback that the beach bars have. At any kind of speed with the beach bars, I felt that I wanted to just slide off them. These are way more comfortable.

Here is the final product...

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank for the shots!
How do you like you new AGV helmet? I’m looking for a replacement for my Bullitt.
So far, I like the helmet. It fits my head (more of a long oval), is very light weight (lighter than my ¾ Arai), great visibility, and matches the Speedmaster paint job pretty good.

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
BSU -

Your ROX risers look like chrome - correct? Or are they the aluminum?

TIA,

GN

1 - 20 of 33 Posts