Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and greetings!

First time poster here, what type of aftermarket bags are suitable for a 2018 Speedmaster? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
23 Posts
These Hepco-Becker bags come in two sizes and two colors. The one I have is the larger size and they also come in black. I would have purchased the black but a forum member on another site had these for sale at a price I just couldn't pass up. The bags lock onto a bracket on the bike and can be taken off in seconds.

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Trey - several threads here about various bags - you should look around & check them out....

GN

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know they're expensive, but I opted for the Triumph leather/waxed cotton bags. I think they look awesome on the bike. Installed easily, and quality is top-notch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would you be able to post a photo of the mount bobbins you have on the bike please? Trying to work out how to do the same with some brackets I have, but the lack of proper frame rails is a problem.
Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't know if you were asking specifically about the Triumph brackets, but here they are!

I think they're way overpriced, but they fit perfectly and look and function great! Note that the upper mounts are behind the frame, and the lower mounts are behind the exhaust. You can get details on triumphinstructions.com.
PM me if you have any questions.
Cheers,
Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would you be able to post a photo of the Easy Brackets on the bike without the bags pleaase? Trying to work out how to do the same with some brackets I have.
Thanks
Here is a photo of the bracket I made, the ez bracket just mounts to the posts. Others on this site have done similar mounts. You could try a search for ez brackets and they might come up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know if you were asking specifically about the Triumph brackets, but here they are!

View attachment 732509

View attachment 732510 I think they're way overpriced, but they fit perfectly and look and function great! Note that the upper mounts are behind the frame, and the lower mounts are behind the exhaust. You can get details on triumphinstructions.com.
PM me if you have any questions.
Cheers,
Steve
Thanks Steve, no I had those, but not workable with a pillion. I'm after fitting Easy Brackets and the lack of proper frame rails is a problem.
Peter

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks a good solid mount. I've noticed you don't have the Triumph sissybar which helps keep the fit tight to the bike. Offering mine up with the sissybar I'll be adding quite a bit to the width, have to think about that as I ride witha pillion much of the time. Thanks again for the great photos.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts