Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of installing a DVR dual camera system on my 2018 Tiger XRt. Not having access to a wiring diagram is really a problem. Triumph is crazy not to offer a service/shop manual other than their subscription. It will guarantee that everyone will buy black market ones once they become available. I own a OEM Shop Manual for all my Triumphs, up to this one. A bad decision on their part.

Can anyone suggest a connection / terminal / suitable wire to splice in a small 12V relay for small electronic devices. I would like to mount it under the seat for my camera and Garmin. Needs to be a switched connection but will only draw the very low power of the relay. I would rather not use a running light wire, but I may have to.

Thanks in advance.

Gene

·
Registered
2 Posts
On my 2017 tiger I removed the pin for heated grips from the fuse box, and soldered a line onto that, before refitting it. I don't plan on using heated grips, and my charger and tracker draw very low current. Just make sure you take the correct side of the fuse. They usually push out easily if you look carefully

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can look for that, but I do have heated grips. My biggest issue is really not having a wiring diagram.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Two other possibilities are the USB or Bluetooth plug (white harness in pic). I do have a wiring diagram so let me know if you need something.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw the white connector under the seat. I assumed it was used for the TFT Connectivity Module, which I may get installed at some future date. Would like to be able to control my phone via the joystick. I would like to see the pinout of the white connector if you have it. Do you have the entire wiring diagram and if so, where did you get it?

·
Registered
439 Posts
I bought a Triumph service manual online thinking it was an original. It ended up being a photocopied version from 2014, so it doesn't show this white plug. I think you're correct in that its for the TFT module. Sorry..

On my '18 T120 I have the same harness, it's labeled 'Bluetooth module connector' in my Haynes manual. I can tell you I used the green (switched 12V) wire to power my turn signal module.

Attached pics of these diagrams aren't very legible when you blow them up. I can email you some pics if you want, send pm if desired.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will test the green on the white connector. Not sure I will ever get a TFT Connectivity Module. Pretty pricy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a PDF version titled Service Manual - Street Triple RS. I don't know what year and so far have just used it for torque settings.
You're welcome to it.
PM me if interested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts