Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rumor mill says this will be Honda's next generation air/oil cooled CB1100 heading for production in 2017.

Attachments

·
Registered
815 Posts
Some very nice touches. Gauges look average but the seat is sexy.. It should be a good fit for those who can't live with clip ons.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Handlebars instead of clip ons = FAIL. Otherwise, much better than the standard CB1100. At least until you see it in person.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Please tell me again why we are paying a premium for 70s technology, and without clipons?

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Please tell me again why we are paying a premium for 70s technology, and without clipons?
I didn't see mention of pricing. Or do you just mean why would anyone even pay for 70's technology? Frankly, the entire thing looks overdone and like a poorly selected mish-mash of bits

I removed the clip ons on my thruxton. It does more than just the single purpose intended for a cafe bike...if I were longer in the arm & torso, I could have made it work. But I'm not and the bike is now suitable for 600+ mile days/use as an all-arounder.

Cheers,

--Rich

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I didn't see mention of pricing. Or do you just mean why would anyone even pay for 70's technology? Frankly, the entire thing looks overdone and like a poorly selected mish-mash of bits

I was basing it on the previous CB price, especially with all the nicer parts, poorly chosen as they may be. And paying new bike money for a 70s frame and motor, not when there are better choices out there.

I removed the clip ons on my thruxton. It does more than just the single purpose intended for a cafe bike...if I were longer in the arm & torso, I could have made it work. But I'm not and the bike is now suitable for 600+ mile days/use as an all-arounder.

Cheers,

--Rich
With all that the improvements they seem to have added, leaving off the clipons just seems like a FAIL to me. I do not have a problem with them and would require them on any sort of cafe bike.

clipons and cafe bikes go together like a woman and high heel shoes! >:)

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
True. Look at the Yamaha xsr900. Doesn't look to bad but it's basically a FZ09 with parts bin and retro touches attempting to capitalize on the hipster cafe market
And there is nothing wrong with that. But at least the xsr uses a modern motorcycle as a base.

Judging by the hip turnout at Barber Vintage bike week a few years ago, It seems the hipsters are more into customizing older bikes, than buying new.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Definitely not a bad looking motorcycle. The draw will highly depend on what the price point will be, considering how competitively priced the XSR900 is.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Last I heard, nobody makes anyone buy one of them. They're probably saying ugly things about the new Street Twin with a redline of….what? 3600 RPM like my lawn tractor?

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
:popcorn

Reactions: mac79

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
There... fixed that for ya. I'm starting to get the impression you don't much care for Honda. :D

You are mistaken sir. I do like the CB1000R, a modern standard motorcycle.

My order of "like" for Japanese bikes is as follows. Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, and Suzuki.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I can see this as a popular "entry level" retro bike from Honda. First off, it's a beautifully styled retro design very reminiscent of the original CB Four. The 4 into 4 pipes provide lots of eye candy, chrome fenders and complemented by a small displacement in-line four to boot. It even has a tach! Plus, silver is one of my favorite colors.

A bike like this will probably sticker for well under $7k, maybe even less than $6k! :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 62 Posts