Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Does anyone know a bit about changing pipes on the new bobbers? I de-CAT'd my bobber and installed a free spirits x-pipe. Now I'm looking to change my pipes. I already ordered the straight pipes from British customs but after speaking with a sales rep, they don't recommend putting the straight pipes on the x-pipe. Sale rep's exact words- "We do not recommend using the straight pipes without the CAT. There is no back pressure and not sure what that would do to the motor. And it is very loud."

These pipes were designed to connect to the original CAT. Was wondering if anyone knows if this is just some **** they have to tell me or if the pipes won't fit the x-pipe at all or if doing so will cause damage to my bike if I try it? I've seen it done online and plan on trying it. If anybody has some insight or suggestions on what I should do, it would be greatly appreciated.

Safe riding!

·
Registered
718 Posts
These are my 44mm Verex headers with straight through (perforated tube) goldies yes quite loud but sound bl**dy great,
power is still 100+bhp so no problems with 'back pressure'.

I briefly ran these tulips (completely empty) noise was obnoxious, full on harley ears bleeding loud.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts