Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Speed triple and was wondering if the bar end mirrors from the new 2016 will fit.
Figure worse case will be I'll need to also order the handlebars off the 2016 of the threaded plugs are of different sizes.
So, anyone try this yet?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Why not just get the bar end mirrors for your model, they are pretty much the same from looking at pictures of the 16 model.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
The ones on the stock '16, are significantly larger than my accessory mirrors. I do like the standard Triumph bar end mirrors I ordered for my '12 though.

My mirrors are very effective. Besides looks....I like them a lot more than my Mickey stockers.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Makes sense, I haven't seen a 16 in person yet. I had the triumph bar ends for a while until I switched to clip ons and they didn't fit anymore, but they definitely had plenty of rear view.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The short answer is probably not because the Speed S mirrors are indeed larger clamp than the accessory mirrors.
The long answer is anything can be made to fit.

The Speed S bars have a threaded insert in the end. There is a plastic shim between the miror and bar that also interlocks with the bar end insert like a spline.
Looks unnecessarily complicated to me. I'm sure I could fit my old acessory mirrors to the bar, but I like the stock setup on the new bike.

Given that the new oem mirrors would be rather expensive, I imagine, you would be better sourcing some cheaper aftermarket mirrors of the correct diameter to bolt straight on.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The short answer is probably not because the Speed S mirrors are indeed larger clamp than the accessory mirrors.
The long answer is anything can be made to fit.

The Speed S bars have a threaded insert in the end. There is a plastic shim between the miror and bar that also interlocks with the bar end insert like a spline.
Looks unnecessarily complicated to me. I'm sure I could fit my old acessory mirrors to the bar, but I like the stock setup on the new bike.

Given that the new oem mirrors would be rather expensive, I imagine, you would be better sourcing some cheaper aftermarket mirrors of the correct diameter to bolt straight on.
Ordered the 2016 mirrors handle bars and required fittings for mounting.
The mirrors were $60.00 each. (Not bad).
All in all it will be around $300.00. (Plus or minus).
Dealer still thinks he can make it work without the handle bars and fittings. Said there's some aftermarket adapters that might work or he has a metal lathe that we could work out something. He's trying to get me in for under $200.00.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I own the 16 Speed Triple S. Personally, I like the Triumph bar end mirrors shown in Flyfisher's pics in this thread (and on my previous Bonneville pic here). I thought these mirrors on my Bonneville looked nicer than the stock bar end mirrors on my current S3. I don't think the visibility is reduced much given they're smaller, and the quality was better than my current stock mirrors.

On my Bonneville I used CRG bar end caps to mount the Triumph bar ends since the stock bar ends were threaded. I'm sure you can do the same. I'm not sure how you got from $120 for 2 mirrors to a total price of $300 ($200 including labor, ok). If they're charging that much for installation, I would strongly consider doing this yourself. It shouldn't be difficult to do.

I've attached pics of my 15 Bonneville (sold) and my 16 Speed Triple (now own).

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts