Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Is this just for the US or worldwide?
Didn't realise it was such a common fault, only recall reading about one guy on here with a broken spring, aren't there two springs though, surely they won't both break at the same time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is this just for the US or worldwide?
Didn't realise it was such a common fault, only recall reading about one guy on here with a broken spring, aren't there two springs though, surely they won't both break at the same time.
Folks are carrying extra springs in their bags just in case it breaks...that is how bad it is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
703 Posts
Folks are carrying extra springs in their bags just in case it breaks...that is how bad it is...

I suppose there must have been a few occurrences to warrant the recall.
Would you even be able to fit a spring by hand at the side of the road?
I might just put some tubing around my springs then if that's the fix, my bikes don't go near a Triumph dealer if I can avoid it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I suppose there must have been a few occurrences to warrant the recall.
Would you even be able to fit a spring by hand at the side of the road?
I might just put some tubing around my springs then if that's the fix, my bikes don't go near a Triumph dealer if I can avoid it.

Not sure...I concur with not going to the Stealership...last time with the fuel recall they put my tank on improperly...but mine is going back for sure...even if it is for me to just ask for the replacement...its a hazard and needs to be dealt with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
773 Posts
Not sure...I concur with not going to the Stealership...last time with the fuel recall they put my tank on improperly...but mine is going back for sure...even if it is for me to just ask for the replacement...its a hazard and needs to be dealt with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
By law the dealers must do the actual repair, it's a liability issue. After 60+years of riding and much pleading with dealers in Ga, NJ, NY, CT, to hand over warranty parts I've never had success. I wish you better luck.

Paul

·
Registered
48 Posts
By law the dealers must do the actual repair, it's a liability issue. After 60+years of riding and much pleading with dealers in Ga, NJ, NY, CT, to hand over warranty parts I've never had success. I wish you better luck.

Paul
Thanks for that...No need to argue with them about it. I just want it done right the first time...Either way, I am glad there is a fix. Overall...still in love with my Thruxton...so that’s all that counts.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Anyone get official notification yet? Or even better...have it fixed already? My spring is hanging on by one...so I would be interested to see what the fix really is.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Anyone get official notification yet? Or even better...have it fixed already? My spring is hanging on by one...so I would be interested to see what the fix really is.

Mine is still in storage, but once we get some warm weather up here in PA I'll make the trip to the dealer.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
I contacted my Stealership...they don’t have the part in stock yet...I am 2 weeks out from getting it done.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I got my recall notice yesterday so will book it in today, when the spring fails the bike won't start because of the safety switch is the reason for the recall, well that what it said in the recall notice.

Ashley

·
Registered
703 Posts
The bike will start as normal if the stands down, I think the safety concern is the engine cutting out when you're riding if it leaves the switch.
No recall in the UK as yet so can someone Post a pic of the new springs, is it just a rubber sleeve?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
The bike will start as normal if the stands down, I think the safety concern is the engine cutting out when you're riding if it leaves the switch.
No recall in the UK as yet so can someone Post a pic of the new springs, is it just a rubber sleeve?
Yes that what I ment to say lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts