Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Brand new Triumph owner and brand new to this forum. Happy to be on the site - from reading, there certainly seems to be a great many knowledgeable people who hang out here!

Hoping someone can help me. Just picked up a 2015 America LT. When the bike is placed on the side stand the lean angle seems quite insufficient. With very little effort the bike can be pushed over (opposing side of stand) - I swear a strong wind could knock it over!

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow not advice givers... No one else run into this issue?

·
Registered
471 Posts
hi and welcome no never heard of this with triumph usually they lean a fair way over on the stand maybe the previous owner had the stand lengthened

·
Super Moderator
2014 Bonneville T100
1,624 Posts
Wow not advice givers... No one else run into this issue?
Hi CliffLyndon! We don't get a lot of members visiting the Welcome Center; you'll get lots of replies if you post this question in the section of the forum dedicated to your model. As another member responded, most of the Triumphs I've seen have quite an acute lean angle on the side stand, so your bike being nearly 90 degrees upright is unusual. I'd bet $ the previous owner put a different stand on it or lengthened the stock stand. Anyway, hopefully a member over in the America section can be of help.

Reactions: CliffLyndon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi CliffLyndon! We don't get a lot of members visiting the Welcome Center; you'll get lots of replies if you post this question in the section of the forum dedicated to your model. As another member responded, most of the Triumphs I've seen have quite an acute lean angle on the side stand, so your bike being nearly 90 degrees upright is unusual. I'd bet $ the previous owner put a different stand on it or lengthened the stock stand. Anyway, hopefully a member over in the America section can be of help.
Thanks for the tip about posting... Maybe the last owner messed with it - These back yard mechanics seem to think know more than the engineers that designed the bike :-(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Possibly the bike was lowered, but the kick stand was never shortened to match?
I'm actually now thinking perhaps that is the case! Thanks... Going to have to take it to a triumph dealer to check, I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts