Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased some biltwell grips to match my seat. A problem I ran across is the factory throttle side grip has some inner rubber tabs that sit in plastic lip on the actually plastic throttle. My new grip doesn't slide all the way on. Has anybody else had this problem? I don't want to grind then locking system off the throttle.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I left them there, don't even notice them with the new grips on.
Well I wouldn't except I have my bar end mirrors which press against the grip and then I have a stuck throttle. I really don't want cut them off but I might.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Maybe it has something to do with the model of Biltwell grip. I have the Kung Fu grips with bar end mirrors. Obviously, I trimmed the end to accommodate my bar end mirrors. The Kung Fu grips have concentric ridges on the closed end, I used the outer ring as a guide and they don't come close to the mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Does the OEM grip come off the throttle tube easily or is it glued on excessively?

The reason I ask is during my KTM 990 Superduke era, the grip on the throttle tube was glued on to the point that it was easier to purchase a new throttle tube sans grip. I was looking on Hermy's site for a bare throttle tube but came up empty handed.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Does the OEM grip come off the throttle tube easily or is it glued on excessively?

The reason I ask is during my KTM 990 Superduke era, the grip on the throttle tube was glued on to the point that it was easier to purchase a new throttle tube sans grip. I was looking on Hermy's site for a bare throttle tube but came up empty handed.

I've not seen any that were glued on. I just cut the OEM grips off as I didn't want to keep them and it came right off the throttle tube.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've not seen any that were glued on. I just cut the OEM grips off as I didn't want to keep them and it came right off the throttle tube.
Thanks for the prompt reply. Much appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts