Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, has anyone fitted any aftermarket mudguard extenders to their Scrambler? I would be really interested to learn more, if so. I'm getting really naffed off with the sheer volume of cack that is both covering me and the bike at the moment. I'm spending more time washing it and my gear than riding it right now!! Thanks in advance guys:smile2:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes. Fenda Extenda in the front. Used the plastic rivets this time. In the past I used stainless screws. Fit right on. Keeps the crud off the oil cooler.

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
Had 'em on my 06 and 19. Wouldn't be without them. Put one on my Stelvio with just the 3M sticky stuff - lasted about 20 minutes :(

·
Registered
95 Posts
Put one on my Stelvio with just the 3M sticky stuff - lasted about 20 minutes :(
I put my last one on with the sticky pads. Discovered the pads made the setup too thick to allow the rivets much bite. Pulled it back off, removed the pads and riveted.

Pretty easy to pull it off the 3M sticky pads.

Hate the thought of the extender piece being sucked under the fender and locking up the front end!

Cracked a Bell Star (that should date it...) when a front fender fell off two bolts and locked the front wheel. Began using loctite and safety wire...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts