Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I dropped about 800 KM on my new Rocket 3 and I love the bike. Some of the things I noticed were that changing the gears are definitely a little clunky. Like a car not a bike. I am sitting still in neutral and I have to roll the bike either forward or back a few inches to go into 1st sometimes. However, the bike lives up to its name. Its a rocket. Greatest feeling ever. Absolutely love this bike. Thinking about a flyscreen only (not windshield) just don't think its worth $400 US with the mounting kit. Anyone have one for sale I may be interested. Haven't had anyone on the back as I don't want or have a sissy bar. I figure I will leave the passenger on the road if I bring one. Seat is quite comfortable and position is excellent for someone of my height (6'2") Completely stock on this and I think the two red stripes adds at least 10 HP :) Handling is way better than I expected. I did put my foot down in some gravel and slid a bit and it was hard to lift it up as it is a heavy bike but it didnt hit the ground. I am also riding with my Superdave/Evel Kenevil Bell Bullitt helmet RSD design attached here.

Happy riding and let me know if someone has a flyscreen.

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Snake, I have dropped my bike twice with my foot slipping in the gravel etc. i have front dresser bars installed and both times the bike just sat on the bottom corner of the bar with barely a scratch on the bar. They are a very good investment and you can tack on a couple of highway pegs for good measure

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Snake, how's that Bell Bullit? I tried on a few this weekend looking for something light and with a retro look and it seemed to be pretty comfortable. I've tried on the ****** and they just don't fit right. So looking for some good input before I spend the big bucks for a second helmet. I have the triumph windscreen and it is great. With the slight forward position the windshield really makes it more comfortable. I was able to get it from my dealer here in Modesto ca for 360 bucks by having them beat pure triumphs 20% deal. They even gave me a few bucks off the fixing kit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the Bell Bullit is by far the coolest looking helmet and fits pretty well. I also jammed a Scala G9 in it so I could answer the phone when riding. The downside is that it is loud as **** and not very aerodynamic. It has a huge opening and feels like riding on a 3/4 lid as opposed to a full which is awesome. It is one of the few helmets that has both ECE and DOT certifications so it is safe as hell. I recommend it if you don't care about the loudness issue and the high cost. Be sure to get the one I posted in the picture as it is the coolest color scheme and the bubble shield.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts