Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2014 Street Triple that's been garaged for a few years. During that time some rodents have been nesting under the seat and the tank, and there's been some gnawing on the wiring loom insulation. After wrapping everything obvious in electrical tape, when I turn the key to On the dash begins to start up, then the 10A fuse it's on (the missing one in the attached photo) pops. This happened a second time after finding and repairing some more damage under the tank, and I'll need to get some more 10A fuses tomorrow. I found a high-level wiring diagram (here), but without the key, it's pretty hard to interpret. Does anyone have a more complete wiring diagram, or maybe some general troubleshooting advice?

Thanks!

/ Automotive tire Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Bumper

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pulling the relays one-by-one and blowing a few more fuses isolated the problem to the headlight circuit, or at least everything else on the bike starts up, and the ignition turns over, with no main lights. No obvious damage to those wires though, so not really any the wiser.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Screenshots of the wiring diagram key here if that's any help, provided they match your wiring diagram of course. :p

Font Rectangle Parallel Number Pattern

Font Material property Number Document Pattern

Reactions: Rhamphorhynchan
1 - 8 of 8 Posts