Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
yesterday I left the damn key in the ignition, I've got the std headlight plus 2 aux lights being powered (though those were off) when I came back to the bike 2 hours later it was dead. Tried bumping it but I guess you can't bumpstart these newer bikes, and then I tried (I know it's bad) to jumpstart from a car cause I was desperate. All the dummy lights were on full power and it just made some clicking sounds. Like repeated sounds, not clicking then silence. What should I try. I'm getting the battery tested but so far it's still good despite being 2 years old. What should I do?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: battery tested at pepboys after charging and it's bad. I guess two years old, it was done. I'll update this if it starts and that's the issue.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Clicking wont start

Update: battery tested at pepboys after charging and it's bad. I guess two years old, it was done. I'll update this if it starts and that's the issue.
Similar threads have uncovered a problem with Triumph ECU's disliking even drops of .5v and preventing the Starter from engaging, Forchetto and others have painstakingly gone into this! with the result that after I modified my Starter/light relay I could relax if I was out miles away on the bike and the battery was a little tired, I have a battery that is six years old and tired and caused the same fault! "Clicking only" so I replaced it, since then my Oldest Son scavenged my new battery for his Bike whilst my fingers heal, and I now have no problem starting my 2010 SE instantly with the relay mod, I would send you one for those emergencies if you were in the uk for a beer or two!.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Clicking wont start

Similar threads have uncovered a problem with Triumph ECU's disliking even drops of .5v and preventing the Starter from engaging, Forchetto and others have painstakingly gone into this! with the result that after I modified my Starter/light relay I could relax if I was out miles away on the bike and the battery was a little tired, I have a battery that is six years old and tired and caused the same fault! "Clicking only" so I replaced it, since then my Oldest Son scavenged my new battery for his Bike whilst my fingers heal, and I now have no problem starting my 2010 SE instantly with the relay mod using the old batt, I would send you one for those emergencies if you were in the uk for a beer or two!.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Similar threads have uncovered a problem with Triumph ECU's disliking even drops of .5v and preventing the Starter from engaging, Forchetto and others have painstakingly gone into this! with the result that after I modified my Starter/light relay I could relax if I was out miles away on the bike and the battery was a little tired, I have a battery that is six years old and tired and caused the same fault! "Clicking only" so I replaced it, since then my Oldest Son scavenged my new battery for his Bike whilst my fingers heal, and I now have no problem starting my 2010 SE instantly with the relay mod, I would send you one for those emergencies if you were in the uk for a beer or two!.
Well, you can say that again. Wait, you just did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts