Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I run a 2014 Bonneville SE with performance cams, airbox delete, BMC pod filters, 2 X 2 Arrows, SAI and O2 disabled. I’ve been having massive issues with my bike fuelling ever since I changed my cams. I purchased performance cams from Classicbike Raisch and I got a TTP map for my setup and have spoken to Mike at TTP as well. He’s unable to come up with any solution either.
I run the adaptation process as directed by TTP for 20 minutes (sometime longer) as the TPS light does not flash green. As per instructions, it's either 20 minutes or Green TPS light or when temp reaches between 63 - 65. The adaptation process is smooth and the bike adapts smoothly. But post adaptation, when I gas the throttle, it dies out.
One of the ideas is to take the bike to a dyno, but in Bombay, India, there are not too many tuners or dynos.

Has someone installed performance cams or faced something similar?

·
Registered
938 Posts
problems like this on forums are so hard to diagnose. but my first thought is, and this is just a shot in the dark. did you remove the throttle bodies or do any work on the throttle bodies when you installed the performance cams?

the motor "dies out" could be caused by the ECU not recieving a signal from the TPS, i.e you forgot to connect the TPS plug, or the TPS loom has been damaged. if the ECU doesn't get a signal from the TPS the ECU will not advance the ignition timing. a fault with the TPS would stop the green tps light flashing during the adaption process and going solid green when adaption is complete.

do you have TTP's tuneloader? i believe you can check for error codes and faults using that, or if not use TuneECU.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike.

I will try it out today and update.

We did not remove throttle bodies or do any work on them prior to installing the cams.

I also have the tuneloader but there are no error codes that are displayed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts