Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize the new street triple was just released (pretty sweet bike). I wish Triumph would release the 2013 S3. I am waiting to pull the trigger on a new 2013 or new 2012 or 2011 but it all hinges on the 2013 being released. The weather is beautiful and its killing me to miss these riding days. Obviously it not killing me enough to buy now and lose my haggle leverage...but its driving me nuts.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Triumph dont make changes as such on year model....

In other words the revised gearbox from the R will start in the "standard" bike at x VIN not a year designation.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Yeah, it is pretty much going to be in all bikes once they run out of the old ones, there still won't be any other changes really, a leftover 11 or 12 will net you a much better deal for sure. And from my understanding, the new gear box is a little better, but nothing to write home about. never driven one though so can't be 100% sure.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Was down at the dealer's this week and saw a row of new Triumphs from the factory. One thing is for certain with the 2013 models .............. those sulphur yellow S3's ain't going to be top sellers.

Didn't see any radical differences ....... and certainly nothing to make me want to dispose of my 2012 model.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Change of exhaust , revised geometry. Subframe flattened no longer tubed. Upgraded gearbox, 6kg lighter, switchable abs, frame change though it's subtle and larger disc brakes. The geometry is said to sharpen up the handling even further. Overall it's fairly lighter and sharper not that their was anything wrong with the out going model. It's still looks a great bike but without the twin exhausts and the larger looking subframe. It is beginning too look a completely different animal. IMHO.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yes - but OP was asking about the Speed Triple. But do I stand corrected to some degree - new gearbox and color.
Oh, my bad. Guess I was confused with use of the "S3" moniker, even though we are in the Speed Triple section. Sorry.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Change of exhaust , revised geometry. Subframe flattened no longer tubed. Upgraded gearbox, 6kg lighter, switchable abs, frame change though it's subtle and larger disc brakes. The geometry is said to sharpen up the handling even further. Overall it's fairly lighter and sharper not that their was anything wrong with the out going model. It's still looks a great bike but without the twin exhausts and the larger looking subframe. It is beginning too look a completely different animal. IMHO.

You must be referring to the Street Triple as well. There has been no word of frame revision for the Speed Triple. At least one web site referred to the new Street Triple as the Speed Triple.

·
Registered
620 Posts

Yes thats the Street triple, see up the top where it says SPEED Triple forum :)

The 2013 Speed will be the same as the 12 I have in the garage

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
^ Not after they just redesigned the frame for 2011 anyway. Either way interested to see what the changes to the strip triple are...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts