Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has started running any tuneecu tunes on there 2013 thruxtons/bonnevilles, I recently installed mufflers and saw that tuneecu's website only has it up the 2012 models. Im planning on running the 20509 tune for 2 into 2 exhaust on e10.

if anyone could give me some insite on this would be great. thanks

Bates

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2013 Bonneville and wish to load tune 20506, and turn off the O2 and AI sensors. I have just read on the latest TuneECU site Dec 2012, not to connect to any 2013 model Triumphs. Has anyone tried to connect to TuneECU on a 2013 Bonneville without problems with the anti tamper system. I am not sure if this is fitted to the Bonneville same as the 2013 Tiger, Trophy and Speed Triple.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I am wondering the same. It's not mentioned for the bonnevilles yet. I would be very bummed if this was the case and will likely never buy a Triumph again as a result.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
I am wondering the same. It's not mentioned for the bonnevilles yet. I would be very bummed if this was the case and will likely never buy a Triumph again as a result.
Why? What other make of motorcycle will you be buying next that offers you freeware access to the ECU/EFI settings? The selection is minimal. Ordinarily, the majority of owners of other marques either have to use a Power Commander module (also an option on the Bonneville) or nothing.

That said, Triumph are I believe the only current motorcycle manufacturer that offers a dealer remap for a change of pipes (e.g., TORS; Arrow, etc), or when the factory updates the tune map. That can't be bad! :p

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I'm just pissed that they did this. I understand why they're doing it but if it wasn't for TuneECU I wouldn't have been able to fix my own problem that the dealer claimed wasn't one. If I get flagged for using the tool to diagnose problems I feel this is unfair to the customer. It's my bike. I should be able to do what I would like understanding the risk that I take when I modify the map myself. I could care less about uploading a new map actually, if it flags me for using it to read the ECU to diagnose a problem that's the part I have issue with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I asked the same question to Alain at TuneECU and got this reply so all is still fine for the moment.
Meeou <[email protected]>
This is only for Street 2013, Tiger Explorer and Trophy.
There is no risk to use TuneECU on your Bonneville.
Regards
Alain

1 - 8 of 8 Posts