Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
There is one at the end of the cafe pic thread. Saw it last night.

Chris.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've modded mine a bit: BC performance package (black pipes), joker machine black gas cap, joker machine union jack black breast plate, black tank pads...pic are in my album.

·
Registered
33 Posts

Just Arrow 2-2's for me right now (got a deal I couldn't resist). Fork gaiters, clutch cable cover and maybe a Corbin Smuggler in the relatively near future. I was thinking of getting new control levers, but I guess I got used to the stock ones, so probably not.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm going to go look at the green thruxton this weekend. I have money down on a black thruxton which should be ready in about 4 weeks. I like the green, but the gold stripes don't do it for me. Question is, could I just have the stripes professionally painted another color or would the whole tank and cowl have to be striped?

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm going to go look at the green thruxton this weekend. I have money down on a black thruxton which should be ready in about 4 weeks. I like the green, but the gold stripes don't do it for me. Question is, could I just have the stripes professionally painted another color or would the whole tank and cowl have to be striped?

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

I retract my last comment. I just got back from the dealer to see the new brooklyn green thruxton in person. I had money down on a black one but quickly decided to go for the green one instead after seeing it. It's truly a color that must be seen in person. Here she is fresh from the factory.

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Picked up my Brooklands Green today. Arrow 2-1 exhaust (baffles still in; just don't want to set off car alarms in the neighborhood, but might have to take them out; need moar loud!:D) Maund FEK. Pix soon.

BTW, the Arrow 2-1 ended up being "raw" from the headers to the tailpipe; I didn't expect that, but love it. Excessive chrome is a bummer, IMHO.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Has anyone changes the bars? I wanna do clip ons but I was wondering if they had factory fitted ones for the 2013 yet?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
284 Posts

Just Arrow 2-1 and FEK.

Pic not working? Not sure why; still trying to get used to how things work here.
Few pix in my profile album.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Has anyone changes the bars? I wanna do clip ons but I was wondering if they had factory fitted ones for the 2013 yet?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Alhough I could be wrong, I think you need to cut down the tops of the headlight ears, or buy some others, before you can do clip-ons. An ace bar should work fine, though.

Your bike looks great! Congrats!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I retract my last comment. I just got back from the dealer to see the new brooklyn green thruxton in person. I had money down on a black one but quickly decided to go for the green one instead after seeing it. It's truly a color that must be seen in person. Here she is fresh from the factory.
Same deal here man. Laid a 20% deposit with the dealer the next town over, and saw the 2013 green in my local dealer. I was originally going to go with black, but this green has sold me, it really is a different colour in person.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Truth! The pics my dealer had up of the BG 2013 were taken in their shop under flourescent lights, and it looked... Meh. But in person, it was love. I collect 2-5 compliments daily from strangers.

Now, on to Mods:

My first "Mod" was to my saftey gear. I've been riding a 250cc scoot for a few years, but this is a different ball game. So I upgraded from a Nolan 3/4 helmet (which I loved) to a Shoei Modular FF unit. I got "real" gloves with built in armor, and a set of boots. That was already a good bit of coin, but I'll add some balistic pants and what-not before I do my "advanced rider" courses in a few weeks (aka: the "rider Mod").

Depending on which package shows up first, my next mod will be either the AI delete (from New Bonneville) to stop the pipes turning colors, or my custom storage solution for the rear. Speaking of pipes, do yours GLOW when you're warming up the bike on a dark morning??? Mine are glowing VERY brightly after just 2-3 min of warm-up. I hope that's normal :rolleyes:

For storage (which I have to have to use the bike everyday), I'm going to use two Pelican 1430's mounted on MCS brackets/quick-releases in the back. It's not a unique, or beautiful
solution, but it's cost-effective, secure, and I dig the utilitarian asthetic. Plus with the QR brackets I can pull then off in a hurry when I park.

I'll add pics when the UPS man shows...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just got done added a few mods. So far to date:
2:2 arrow exhaust
Maund FEK cluster kit
Matching from turn signals
Tank knee pads

Next on the list:
Fork gators
???????

ImageUploadedByMO Free1351798140.162266.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1351798149.583907.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1351798158.383571.jpg

·
Registered
50 Posts
See all this stuff? It's gone now:

If you look closely, you can see it looks a bit tidier above the valve covers, and in the second pic you can see the Union Jack emblazoned bolt from the NB air injection delete kit. I'm very pleased with this mod. I learned a ton about my new bike doing it, and it feels smoother and better than ever.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nice job with the AI delete! How'd you remove the injection nozzles from the head without cutting them? Did you use a super deep well socket?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was able to break them loose with an open-ended 13mm wrench and a rubber mallet. I figured if that didn't work, and two of the six sides got rounded off, I could still break them off and use a six-point socket, so it was worth a try. They came pretty easily, though. Of course, this is on a brand new bike. A few years down the road, things could be a lot trickier.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts