Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I searched and couldn't find an answer. My wife and I were riding on the Blue Ridge Parkway this weekend and 5 hours into the 7 hour ride the turn signal/brake/horn fuse blew. The bike is totally stock. To have brake lights I put the spare 20amp fuse in temporarily to finish the ride. I know bad idea. I'm putting a 10 amp back in now. Any ideas were I should start to look for my short? Thank you to everyone who took the time to read this. Hopefully I can return the favor someday.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hello everyone! I searched and couldn't find an answer. My wife and I were riding on the Blue Ridge Parkway this weekend and 5 hours into the 7 hour ride the turn signal/brake/horn fuse blew. The bike is totally stock. To have brake lights I put the spare 20amp fuse in temporarily to finish the ride. I know bad idea. I'm putting a 10 amp back in now. Any ideas were I should start to look for my short? Thank you to everyone who took the time to read this. Hopefully I can return the favor someday.
I had the same issue on the Scrambler....faulty globe was the problem.

·
Registered
10,757 Posts
Yes, I'd check the light bulbs first. Make sure that they look alright on the inside--look at the filament(s)--and are seated correctly. If everything looks alright, all you can do is wait for it to happen again, hopefully not.

Light bulbs can blow fuses when they burn out, if they burn out via a shorted filament.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts