Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm able to pick up a new 2011 Triumph Thruxton (Red) at my local dealership for $8,600 (that price includes the $495 shipping cost). Is that considered a fair deal?

I was told that Triumph only allows for about 8% to 10% profit at dealer MSRP while Japanese bikes are marked up anywhere from 15% to 20%. Have another dealership in town and they WILL NOT move on the MSRP plus $495 shipping.

Thanks.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I got my t-100 for msrp, no freight, no prep no doc fees.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It's not the worst deal in the world. I got my 2010 for $8200. But I bought it in January during the slow time of the year so they were willing to deal.

Anything below MSRP isn't too bad. I also had them throw in $150 in free service on top of that knowing I needed to reflash my ECM after I put my pipes on. Be creative, ask for some gear or free service if they are solid on the price.

X

·
Registered
199 Posts
Are they charging the prep and document fees? Freight, prep and doc fees were almost $900 at my dealer, so getting all that dropped can make a difference.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Outlaw--did that $8,200 include the shipping fee? thx.
No, I had to pay the destination fee, so if you got 8,600 out the door then you are doing pretty good. Sorry I didn't catch that was included in your first post.

·
Registered
103 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts