Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to buy the haynes manual for a 2011 Triple. Anyone know where I can buy it? I have the factory manual but I think there are pros and cons with each one and would like to have both for reference.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Usually the Haynes manual takes a couple years to hit the shelf for a real popular model.
The speed will take longer .

The factory book is worth the $
alright guess I'll wait and use what I got. Thanks Diesel.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Where did you purchase the factory manual? I'd like to get myself a copy. I'm also eagerly waiting for the Haynes manual. I use it for my SV (along with the factory manual) and find it's an excellent resource.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
You can probably get it through a dealer, or I have seen a few places online that have them too, just need to search a little as they are not as popular so a little harder to find.

·
Registered
234 Posts
fyi the old haynes works for me, or do you need a rebuild already? ;)

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where did you purchase the factory manual?
I called my local dealer and they got it within a week. 120 bucks.

fyi the old haynes works for me, or do you need a rebuild already? ;)
hehe. I'd rather get model year specific if I can as I want to keep this bike for awhile. I don't need it so much yet but there are a couple things I do want to be more informed of.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Plus unless its for the engine most of the body stuff, etc. is all different so you really need an 11+ one for anything more involved than an oil change.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Plus unless its for the engine most of the body stuff, etc. is all different so you really need an 11+ one for anything more involved than an oil change.
Agreed. 11+ is a whole new bike. Simple things like torque values may have changed. My SV manual covers the older generation as well, and while there a similar procedures, the torque values are different in some cases.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I just gave my 2 cents ;) the old book work for my needs.
But I agree, if you need something accurate, go for the workshop manual.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts