Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. I just bought a 2011 Scrambler. Absolutely love it. I was just wondering if I could fit a backrest to the duo-seat. My girlfriend would appreciate this for longer trips. Cheers!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I was just wondering if I could fit a backrest to the duo-seat. My girlfriend would appreciate this for longer trips.
There are several options out there. Virtually anything for an air cooled Bonneville will fit... UNLESS... the bracketry will interfere with the muffler mount.

Mine has been fitted with a luggage rack and the backrest is fitted to that. But I used a new old stock Samson backrest for an ST1100 and U-bolts. I don't think Samson is in business anymore.

·
Registered
83 Posts
What about a rack and top box which has a backrest pad ? This way when it is only you riding you take off the top box but still have a rear rack ?

·
Registered
231 Posts
There ya go! You could buy my Givi rack, which has grab bars for a passenger, and put a box with a back rest on it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Triumph also do a Scrambler rack and a Triumph Top Box.
Thank you for the advice, I'm going to have a look at the nearest Triumph dealer. I think the combination with a top box might be the best solution for my 'problem'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts