Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
can someone with a new 2011 check in your owners manual how to change display mode to light background w dark numbers?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Really. Is this an undocumented feature? It's possible because the instruments functions is not the same as the 2011 model although the hardware looks the same. I don't have a lap timer for example.

Perhaps I can restore it to the original setting by disconnecting the battery?

·
Registered
38 Posts
My SE gauges are different than a 2010 but not the same as a 2011 either. No fuel gauge, no TPMS, no lap timer and it won't let you change the shift light until you get past about 150 miles, which is completely undocumented from what I could find. I know for sure, I'm on my second SE, dealer caused an issue with the first one and they replaced it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
"Hi,
can someone with a new 2011 check in your owners manual how to change display mode to light background w dark numbers?"

Hi mate, as an owner of a 2011 S3, have spent the last 20 minutes going through the user manual... No reference to your problem. Can scan the 2011 Speed Triple manual to PDF format if you need it!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. It is possible that I just imagined the display with dark numbers on light background instead of the inverted I have now. I could have sworn that it was like that when I left the dealer and that I fiddled with the buttons at the first fuel stop and changed it. Perhaps it was all in my mind :eek: :D

The picture shows what I have now, white numbers on dark backgnd, is the SE the only one with this?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think its all in your mind. I was a bit surprised too, about rev counter low light back ground at night, but then all important main screen is really stands out,plus shift lights start to make more sense and they look very cool. :cool:

·
Registered
893 Posts
I just got my hands on one of these gauges. Does anyone have the triumph manual that shows all the functions and how to access them via the two buttons? PM me, I would love to know this. Even if you can't scan the pages semi crappy cell phone pics would even work!!! :)

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Thanks Martin! Just what I was looking for! You are the man! Btw, wanna trade me gauges? I love your all black guage face!!! What's the part # on that???

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
691 Posts
changing back ground color or a back light dimmer is not, and never was, an option

What pisses me off is the fact that the fastest speed is no longer a function of the speedo. AND WHERE'S MY FREAKING GEAR INDICATOR, TRIUMPH!!!!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What pisses me off is the fact that the fastest speed is no longer a function of the speedo. AND WHERE'S MY FREAKING GEAR INDICATOR, TRIUMPH!!!!!!
The gear indicator is in your brain.
Shift up:increase the number, shift down: decrease the number.

:jestera

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.