Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, this question is for UK members please.
I have avon tyres at present and they seem to wear very quickly, can anyone suggest a decent touring tyre. One that suites the bike and give long life. I like Metzelers and Contis but have no experiance of them on Triumph only BMWs.

Thanks Philip

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have a 2014 mag wheel. I switched from Avon trail riders with one size up on the front tire, to continental road attack 3 in OEM size. I’ve only ridden a few times before the winter set in, but so far I like them more than the TRs.

They seem to have more grip as well as East lean in (though this may be due to the newness of the tire and the smaller tire size).

Check out the online reviews. They are outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi Thanks, I will check out the reviews. You are using OEM sizes now?
Yes, I’m using them in OEM size 110/70 and 130/80. I prefer our relatively small front tire size-I feel it makes the bike more manouveurable and “lighter”. Some others will probably suggest upsizing.

And as another commentator mentioned, there is another rich thread on this topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Everbody. Thanks for your comments. In the end I went for the new Avon tyre after talking to a tyre guy who apparently know his stuff. A couple of guys who race said the go on his recommendations. Although I was concerned about the shorter road life of the Avon this new tyre came fitted to a wheel for £81 which is about $90 American. So all in all not a bad deal. Thanks to everyone who made helpful comments. Philip

1 - 7 of 7 Posts