Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I am from Montreal and my 30000 miles Tbird has an intermittent problem: while I ride, the engine cuts like running out of gas. I can restart it few seconds after.
The problem can occur 10 times in a ride or not at all. My dealer has no idea of what can cause this problem.
Thanks in advance if you can help me.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Hello everyone,
I am from Montreal and my 30000 miles Tbird has an intermittent problem: while I ride, the engine cuts like running out of gas. I can restart it few seconds after.
The problem can occur 10 times in a ride or not at all. My dealer has no idea of what can cause this problem.
Thanks in advance if you can help me.
An often reported problem with these bikes is that the MAP tubes will become disconnected and cause problems like this. Do as search and there are a lot of posts on it.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
An often reported problem with these bikes is that the MAP tubes will become disconnected and cause problems like this. Do as search and there are a lot of posts on it.

Hope this helps.
...and here's what to look for, under the tank on the right side (as you are sitting on the bike, i.e. throttle side)...two As and two Bs (you can see the other A to the right of the marked one)...make sure set is paired/connected:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts