- Engine bumped to 1250cc
- Fully adjustable USD forks
- Fully adjustable rear shock
- Working set of lights

Triumph, listen to me.. I feex I feex.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
By working set of lights, do you mean the headlights? I have no complaints with the headlights on my 2008. I think Triumph listened to owners, and already fixed them for you! :D

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
I have read about a 1300cc triple but it was in the rumor section and I wouldnt hold my breath. The Sprint was never meant to be Trophy. I think they need to develop a new Trophy for those who ride the Sprint and want something more Touring oriented.

I dont think the current platform could stand much more weight from a bigger engine. I would like to see the USD forks, a refined dash and better cockpit plasticks. The 955/1050 engine has become a legend and I think that it could serve a few more years.

I am excited to see what they will do in 2010. The ST is due for some design lovin. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is it time yet to start day dreaming?

I had a dream that 2010 Sprint ST had the following:

- Engine bumped to 1250cc
- Fully adjustable USD forks
- Fully adjustable rear shock
- Working set of lights

Triumph, listen to me.. I feex I feex.
Feh,
1050w/turbo please, twice the torque and hp will do just fine.:D

Suspension ordering package would be a nice upgrade to online ordering Triumph has now integrated. Imagine if you could input a few measurements, height,weight and viola a bike tuned to fit you and your style of riding built right from the factory. Triumph are you listening? I wouldn't have to spend money at race tech and ohlins to get the suspension sorted. I could hand it over to you from the start. As long as your offering options a better tyre options would be a novel idea on the sprint. Factory bridgestones are less than desirable.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
+1 Laz, on the flip side, a 12 pack does fit wonderfully ;)
I found that a bungie net holds an 8 pack of Guinness quite nicely. Plus with it sitting on the tail chicks see you have class, not only are you riding a refined bike but your taste in beer goes deeper than american water. (I love coors light too, not a beer snob per se)

·
Registered
213 Posts
I did see a rumour somewhere (I was working nights so my memory isn't good) about a new 1050cc engine. Possibly with a shorter stroke for more top end. But I also saw they're upping the Rocket to 2500cc so who knows more cubes could be a possibility.

·
Premium Member
24,231 Posts
I would like Brembo brakes (like another model has already)

A bit more up market shocker and front end scopes, Showa is good kit but a bit better in the quality dept would suit me, it doesn't need to be an Ohlins (most don't need one or know what to do with it),
just a better Showa like the stuff that Honda Fireblades get.

Proper tyres not slipstones.

DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I am okay with the engine as is. Okay, a few more horses would be nice too!:D

For a bike in this price range, I'd mainly like to see better suspension and brakes and possibly better fit and finish. I know the Sprint is different than the Jap bikes, but it seems the supersport bikes sometimes get more improvements in one season than the current Sprint has had in 3 or 4 and they are only now costing the same.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I wonder if Triumph will ever be brave enough to do a Ducati, as in suspension options. A standard model, and an S model with good suspension. If they won't do that I wonder if they could fine tune the suspension action to be more suited to the bike. I don't think that I have come across any one who complains that the Sprint is over sprung for instance with most complaints being the thing is a bit mushy and needs stronger springs and appropriate damping control. Not to hard really.
Cheers, Simmo

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Really, I hate what they are doing with Street Triple and Street Triple R. It bunch of bologne. Having two different models of the same bike is ********. I would not buy it new, even if I want it so much. Get it right. Get it done right the first time. Don't do what Italians do.

Sure, leave the engine as is, but give me a better headlight, a bit more space on the panniers, but for god's sake, I want fully adjustable suspension. I don't care if forks are upside down, or right side up. Hey electronic solenoid suspension would do just fine.

I am not asking too much, am I.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Frankly, I love both of the Street Triples. Pefect bikes in my opinion.
Apparently your in a minority on this one, because it is one of Triumphs best sellers.

I forsee changes to the Sprint. Maybe digital clocks like the S3, maybe the wheel design and colors, but generally that's about it for a while.
Why mess with a good thing.
All this talk of bigger motors, etc. We are in hard economic times, Triumph and other mgr, are going to be tighning their purse strings in the future.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
It makes sense somewhat that the Street Triple comes with non-adjustable suspension--it's an $8,000 bike. I think the price for the upgraded version is worth it. But the Sprint non-ABS is now an $11,000 plus bike in the US. It should have some better parts IMO. I personally don't reach it's current limits, but I would like brakes that don't have to be corrected to work properly.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts