Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone from sunny, but cold Kent, England.
I'm midway through changing to Hagon progressive springs in the front forks.
All good so far until I lose a washer (Triumph call it a guide spring) that sits between the progressive spring and the spacer (part number T2047111).
Silly boy!!
They're the same part in all of the Bonneville variants of that era (Bonneville, Thruxton, Scrambler)
I've ordered a couple of these online, but they're taking an age to arrive.
Anyone have one of these lying around in a set of bent forks, or know where I can pick one up quickly?

It looks just like a washer to me...

Thanks and best wishes

John

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
Would a fender washer from the hardware store do the job?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Just to confirm it is just a thick washer not sure how easy to get the correct size though, I use penny washers as spacers at the top but don't try that between the spring and spacer the stock washer has a large central hole to allow for oil movement.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you gentlemen. Still waiting on the part. Due to lockdown here in the UK, most hardware stores are closed.
However, I will use the washer form the other fork to establish if I can duplicate this in coming days, whilst awaiting delivery of the OEM part...
Thanks again.
If anyone has one of these kicking around on a used / crashed / bent set of forks, please let me know. Thank you.

John T

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi , I use Fowlers for genuine parts . Better than you would expect prices ( even compared to eBay) and quick delivery . Washers in stock :)
Triumph T2047111 Guide, Spring (fowlersparts.co.uk)

Phil
Phil, you sir are a gentleman! I phoned Fowlers yesterday (Friday). They confirmed that they had them in stock and I received them in the post this morning! I will indeed use Fowlers in future. Thanks again. I owe you a drink! :):)John

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
John , no problems glad I could help :)

phil
The Scrambler now has its forks back on with the Hagon progressive springs fitted. All torqued up and bike down off the lift. If only it stopped raining I could feel what it's like with Hagon shocks at the rear and the progressive springs in the front.

Thanks again. :)(y)
JohnCT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts