Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the connector below and is it supposed to be left open? I don't recall disconnecting it during some cosmetic work, but it seems to "major" to be left dangling? Bike has been running fine and started up again, so it's likely a non-issue, i would just like to understand it better.

Thanks

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Electrical wiring Auto part Automotive super charger part

·
Premium Member
2004 Daytona 955i, 2018 Indian Roadmaster, 2014 Triumph Scrambler, 1980 CB650C in resto
18,315 Posts
Looks like the OBD2 cable. Doesn't get connected unless you or the shop want a computer to communicate with the bike's system.

Example of why you'd do that

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like the OBD2 cable. Doesn't get connected unless you or the shop want a computer to communicate with the bike's system.

Example of why you'd do that
Right, that makes sense. I'm used to working on carb'd bikes, so I lack experience with ecu's, flashes, mappings, OBD, etc

·
Premium Member
2004 Daytona 955i, 2018 Indian Roadmaster, 2014 Triumph Scrambler, 1980 CB650C in resto
18,315 Posts
I've been purely EFI since 2005.

Never had to hook up an OBD connector once. That's about 60,000 miles on Triumphs and 15,000 in Indian. Modern bikes are just fantastic.

·
Registered
715 Posts
that's what it is. used it a lot on the Bonney. never used the connector on the honda in 143000km

1 - 5 of 5 Posts