Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received new TORS for my new Bonny and was pleasantly surprised to see they are a fair amount shorter and lighter than the stock '09 silencers which did look quite long on the bike. Perhaps this is the case with earlier model Bonnies as well. They are also straight through as in past years.
George
Have a look:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
They do indeed - and so lovely and shiny! :D
Shiney bits. :p
Prop...as mentioned earlier...I spent a summer in Akon, Minn when I was 12 years old. By buddy and I both built minibikes from scratch to ride and take on the trip. We met two little hotties who wanted to ride them.:D Only one came back :eek: She wasn't badly hurt but the bike was wrecked and even the motor needed to be rebuilt. Took 2 weeks looking for parts for a 5 hp Briggs and Straton...lol which you likely know is big lawn mower engine...horizontal shaft...mercury clutch...single gear ratio...you get the picture.
You will laugh but we ported and polished those engines...removed the centrifical governor...milled the head and had oversize carbs on both bikes. Yes the motorcycle bug starts early. They were honest to God 50 mph bikes and we rode them that fast all over the place...lol. Many stories of night marauding and running from the cops.
Best,
George

·
30,533 Posts
Sounds like a laugh George! Sometimes a lot of fun can be had tinkering with basic engines like that - heck I had to have the heads off my own Briggs and Stratton last year! That was just to repair it though! :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts