Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv'e got an '08. I went to the dealer over the weekend to buy some bar-end mirrors. (aside -- thanks all who gave installation tips, re: loctite)

It's the first time I've seen the 2009 with the handlebars. I don't like it. Not even a little bit. I don't like the switch gear. I don't like the brake reservoir. I don't like the grips. I don't like all the black anodized hardware.

Of course this is all a matter of taste. I'm sure those of you out there who are cursed with hideous 2009's actually like them on some level. Kidding.

Anyhow, I'm glad I bought the 2008. Clip-ons rock.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I like the '09 a lot more. The bars are much more practical, cooler looking, and still low enough for a good crouch in the twisties. I personally think the reservoir is much more polished, and the black cluster and headlight bracket are bad$#%.

I'm one that likes newer tech like EFI on my bike. The ways to mod the EFI engine setup are just beginning, and will be very exciting in the coming months and years!

Like you said tho, it's all taste. And I'm pretty biased since I have an '09 ;)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the '09 a lot more. The bars are much more practical, cooler looking, and still low enough for a good crouch in the twisties. I personally think the reservoir is much more polished, and the black cluster and headlight bracket are bad$#%.

I'm one that likes newer tech like EFI on my bike. The ways to mod the EFI engine setup are just beginning, and will be very exciting in the coming months and years!

Like you said tho, it's all taste. And I'm pretty biased since I have an '09 ;)
I think it's really cool that you've been able to convince yourself that the '09 is a better bike. Deluding yourself like that will probably be very important for your self esteem in the coming years.

KIDDING!!!

It's totally a matter of taste, of course. The funny thing is, it seems what you like is exactly what I don't. I agree that the '09 looks more polished and put-together -- but frankly, that's what I didn't like. I like the somewhat home-made look of the bolt on brake reservoir etc. The new Thruxie looks too much like a Bonnie to me. The '08 and back seems more aggressive, more of a hooligan.

Anyhow. That's the way I see it. That and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee -- if you know a really cheap place to buy coffee.

If you look through the archives here you'll see that I really considered swapping the clip-ons out for bars. Now that I've put 6700 miles behind me, I'm totally used to the riding position. I wouldn't begin to think about changing them out now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's the first time I've seen the 2009 with the handlebars. I don't like it. Not even a little bit. I don't like the switch gear. I don't like the brake reservoir. I don't like the grips. I don't like all the black anodized hardware.
I like all those things a lot, especially the new handlebars!

The funny thing is, it seems what you like is exactly what I don't.
:D Yes, it's funny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts