Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Thruxton for sale at $5500. The bike has many accessories and performance modification too numerous to list.

The bike, accessories and performance modifications are one package.

The bike has a Triumph Performance USA 904cc engine with 85 horsepower at the rear wheel.

I won't be selling any of the parts separately and the buyer will need to make arrangements for shipping if required.

I will attach a YouTube link so you can see them all.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 2009 Thruxton for sale at $5500. The bike has many accessories and performance modification too numerous to list.

The bike, accessories and performance modifications are one package.

The bike has a Triumph Performance USA 904cc engine with 85 horsepower at the rear wheel.

I won't be selling any of the parts separately and the buyer will need to make arrangements for shipping if required.

I will attach a YouTube link so you can see them all.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I bought Jerry's 99 TBS late last year and it is a beautiful bike. And so is that Thruxton. If you're looking at this bike, I can tell you that Jerry is scrupulously honest and will tell you about little flaws that you may not even see. But even better he is a serious Triumph guy. That means he takes lots of pride in his bikes...I'm sure you noticed the carpet in his bike cave. And the bikes themselves are meticulously maintained. Before he shipped mine, he changed the oil and filter (only a few hundred miles after the last change), cleaned the bike up, and wrapped all the spare bits like grandma's china. So I don't think you'll find a better Thruxton out there, and certainly not a better seller.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please call but Not text if you have any questions. I have a flip phone so texting might as well be Morse code.

520 -609-1594

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This bike has been timed at Bonneville at 140 mph in August 2016.

One cold morning in February 2016 the engine kicked back on start and broke the starter idle boss on engine cases and clutch cover. Turns out the casting in the 2001 thru 2009 had a weak point that on rare occasions on a kick back this would happen.

The case could have been repaired by welding the broken piece, instead I replaced both engine cases and clutch cover with Triumph's improved cases . Before installing the new cases the area that weak was welded to make it super strong. In addition to this a beefier shifter shaft was added.

The bike has been run 3000 trouble free miles since then and went 140 mph at Bonneville.

If you want a excellent maintained and one of the most powerful and reliable aircooled Thruxtons then look no further. It has the day to day pieces and specialty accessories anyone would want.

I'm the only owner and probably would not be selling the bike but like most retired folks find the need for some extra money.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn, that's a lot of bike for $5,500. With the big bores too, not many of those on the road. Good deal sitting there for someone.
I kinda agree but so far no takers. I think people are pretty scared by some of bikes being sold and whether they are real or not.

I rather give someone a really good deal that they are happy with than make somebody feel cheated.

But since they don't know me I think there may be some suspicion.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I think it's a great bike as well. Your location is pretty out of the way which makes things more challenging, but wouldn't stop everyone. Heck, I bought a bike from New Orleans and had it shipped over 1000 miles to me.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it's a great bike as well. Your location is pretty out of the way which makes things more challenging, but wouldn't stop everyone. Heck, I bought a bike from New Orleans and had it shipped over 1000 miles to me.
I sold my TBSand it went down to Houston Texas, I made a allowance for his shipping.

I'll do the same for this bike.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sometimes people are interested and wait in hopes of getting a better deal... understandable.

On or about September 18th I have a new bike coming in so if the bike doesn't sell before then I will either trade it in or come up with the additional money and keep the bike for awhile.

So if you have been interested but were waiting then you should make your move by September 15th. I will make some allowance to offset the cost for shipping over 500 miles.

·
Registered
500 Posts
As a point of reference, the trip from New Orleans to Northern VA was around $400. I used UShip.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As a point of reference, the trip from New Orleans to Northern VA was around $400. I used UShip.
I think that was the same outfit used to send my Thunderbird Sport down to Texas. So the bike would be discounted the price of the Ushipit.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2009 Thruxton - $5000 Boise Idaho

Okay I changed how I'm going to sell the bike. I'm selling the bike per the pictures below for $5000. I decided to sell the other items not on the bike separately with pricing on the pictures or you can go to the link. I'm still willing to group all the accessories with the bike for $5800.

I put a new YouTube link with how the bike is configured for the $5000.

https://youtu.be/ZKUtQchjE5U

I will be trading the bike around September 15th if no one decides to buy the bike. I will have no choice but sell the accessories separately if I trade the bike in.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I purchased Jerry's Thruxton as we are friends and I could not see him getting just the paltry trade-in. I am re-selling the Thruxton. Send me a message if interested. I have the windscreen, luggage rack and higher handle bars. $4500.

Bill Dee

1 - 18 of 18 Posts