Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me figure out how I can open the T100 instrument panel? I have the Haynes manual but it is very confusing. I could get the plastic bucket off, then what? Do, I remove the screw in the trip meter knob? Will that make the speedometer come off?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, with a 2007 Bonneville (not T100) speedometer fit a 2009 T100 instrument cluster? Where can I find this info? Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Can anyone help me figure out how I can open the T100 instrument panel? I have the Haynes manual but it is very confusing. I could get the plastic bucket off, then what? Do, I remove the screw in the trip meter knob? Will that make the speedometer come off?
Once you have removed the plastic bucket and trip meter knob the speedo will simply pull out of the 4 inch hole in the instrument panel. I would recommend doing this with the whole instrument cluster removed from the bike. There are 4 small washers inside the plastic bucket which are there for packing. Be aware of them because they will fall out when you remove the bucket.

In answer to your second question, yes, the Bonnie and T100 clocks from those years are the same.

Oh, forgot to say - don't forget to remove the rubber light bulb holders from the speedo after getting the bucket off. They just pull out.

·
Premium Member
5,053 Posts
You need to insert a very small Philips head screw driver into the end of the trip meter knob to remove it. I think that the 07 and 09 speedos should be compatible, they are both mechanically driven. Others may want to confirm this.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
301 Posts
Aren't most 2007 bonnies carb ones, whereas 2009 EFI with warning lights in the speedo?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Sorry, I thoght all EFI ones had a CEL & low fuel light in speedo.

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
Sorry, I thoght all EFI ones had a CEL & low fuel light in speedo.
Yes, they have always had them from the beginning of EFI production, but they were fitted to a mechanically-driven speedo head.

Around June 2010 they went to an all electronic speedo and this has all the lights inside, like this:

Main beam, neutral, oil pressure and flashers inside the tachometer head and the others in the speedo. Don't know about models without tachometers though.

·
Registered
301 Posts
So fitting a 2007 speedo into a 2009 bike, you would lose the CEL & fuel warning light?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts