Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2009 fuel injected T100 with Dominator Touring exhaust upgrade. I only have 500 miles on the bike but am disappointed with the MPG. I've been doing mostly city driving and have been getting 35 to 40 MPG. Seems very low. Is this normal?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats about right, as the engine breaks in it will get better.
Thanks for your input. I don't suppose you have city/highway mpg numbers I should expect after break-in. I was hoping 35 city / 45 highway with the Dominator Touring exhausts. Am I dreaming or is this realistic?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I think you should be in the Twin Talk with this thread, maybe Prop can chime in, and give you some past MPG threads on the new EFI Bonnies. And yes that sounds realistic, I think the magic # is 40

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Yeah, I think you in the wrong place for this. I have the 2009 LE with about 700km and I get about 140km before the light goes on. I put my straight through off my '59 Bonnie and it sounds wicked with a crisp backfire. Better than a Harly.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yeah, I think you in the wrong place for this. I have the 2009 LE with about 700km and I get about 140km before the light goes on. I put my straight through off my '59 Bonnie and it sounds wicked with a crisp backfire. Better than a Harly.
Hi Bushy, 140klms doesn't seem enough. We have the 01 & 02 790cc Bonnevilles and we both get approx 265klms on a full tank before reserve.
Denis hasn't ridden his 09 LE to the point of an empty tank yet so will keep you informed.

Jewel :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts