Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So? Has anyone put flow through mufflers on a fuel injected Bonney? What kind? Did you have to re-map the electronics?

Do the Triumph accessory mufflers have a good sound? Right now I hear more engine than I hear muffler. I would like that reversed.

Interesting comments welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
445 Posts
BC Sleepers

So? Has anyone put flow through mufflers on a fuel injected Bonney? What kind? Did you have to re-map the electronics?

Do the Triumph accessory mufflers have a good sound? Right now I hear more engine than I hear muffler. I would like that reversed.

Interesting comments welcome.

Thanks
BC Customs Sleepers have just been fitted onto m '09 EFI. Straight through pipes, sound great, look great. I'm getting remapped very soon.

Updates on the way.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
BC Customs Sleepers have just been fitted onto m '09 EFI. Straight through pipes, sound great, look great. I'm getting remapped very soon.

Updates on the way.
Pic's and a sound clip?
Where are going for the re-map? Monroes?
Glad you got 'em on!
Now when you ride the Cabrillo you can hear it above the surf!

·
Registered
387 Posts

Updates on the way.
Just curious your reasoning for getting a remap? Some on this site as well as some after market exhaust retailers say no remap is necessary as the EFI can handle the difference re more open silencers. Others have said that the remaps make the throttle snatchy.
I have a set of NH Togas on the way and would be interested in your experience as to how the bike performs before a remap.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Remap?

Just curious your reasoning for getting a remap? Some on this site as well as some after market exhaust retailers say no remap is necessary as the EFI can handle the difference re more open silencers. Others have said that the remaps make the throttle snatchy.
I have a set of NH Togas on the way and would be interested in your experience as to how the bike performs before a remap.
I attempted to have my 09' Black remapped yesterday, but it didn't take. Sean, over at BC Customs, suggested that I remap with Arrow 2-into-2 program to take advantage of the extra flow the Sleepers provide.

Because the remap would not fully load to my bike, I'm running on the stock program. The only affects that I've noticed by doing this is considerable popping on decel. Perhaps, it's even the same amount of popping, but it's just louder:D

On the plus side: the bike sounds great, no ill effects on acceleration.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm running on the stock program. The only affects that I've noticed by doing this is considerable popping on decel. Perhaps, it's even the same amount of popping, but it's just louder:D

On the plus side: the bike sounds great, no ill effects on acceleration.
I too have wondered if the stock mufflers of the EFI bikes hide popping on decel. Meaning that the after market pipes don't cause the popping... they only allow us to hear it. Personally, the popping doesn't bother me at all. But then I like the sound of stock cars too:D

So are you going to run with the stock tune for a while?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I will say this about the stock tune with TORS. My bike clearly does not run hot with that tune and also pulls very strongly throughout the RPM range and very strong above 5K RPM. There are a couple of schools on popping when going with more free flowing mufflers. A...the popping as mentioned has always existed and is less obscured by lack of baffling and B...unchambered exhaust let a bit more air in to create more complete burn of unspent fuel dispelled by closing the throttle bodies. Both are plausible. That said, the TORS map is said not to pop. My exhaust headers have not changed color since I bought the bike and I have had the TORS on since the beginning. The stock map is fine because it is adaptive and providing the same A/F as with the stock silencers. However...there maybe room for slight improvement when not beholden to the EPA determined map so perhaps there is a bit more power to be realized by going to one of other maps.
Best,
George

1 - 8 of 8 Posts