Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I'm new to this site. Just realised that I had been posting at the wrong place.

Anyways, ever since i got the bike, I have been trying to locate the toolkit. Would appreciate it if anyone can correctly direct me to the location of the toolkit and an image if possible. Looked under the seat and couldnt find it anywhere ...unless its hidden.

cheers..!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've just picked up a 2009 S3 as well. Mine is also missing the tool kit, unless there's some secret compartment under the seat that I can't find.

My dealer tried tell me that Triumph no longer equip their bikes with a tool kit as standard, (although another dealer said that they do). If this is the case, then how the hell do you adjust the chain without a suitable C Spanner?

It seems a bit daft not to supply one with the bike, and I've been on to my dealer about it. I've been told that one will be waiting for me when I take it for it's 500mile service.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Did you actually look "In" the seat. Take the seat off and flip it over and it should be in a little slot on the actual seat.

I've never seen the 09 but that's where it is on my 08.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Did you actually look "In" the seat. Take the seat off and flip it over and it should be in a little slot on the actually seat.

I've never seen the 09 my that's where it is on my 08.
I have an '09. It definetly has a toolkit. I think it's attached to the bottom of the seat. I'll look when I get home.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Since everything about the 09 is supposedly exactly the same as the 08, then the spanner wrench is in the tool kit which is attached to the under side of the seat.

Didn't your dealer go over this with you when you picked up your bike?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for that Guys. I must admit I didn't think to look on the seat itself. :eek:

Never the less, I've had a look on my standard seat (I've got a Gel Seat on the Bike), and I can see only an empty space. It's certainly not under the gel seat either. There's not even the retaining strap there. So I can only assume that mine is still at the dealers. :(

She goes for her 500 mile service next Wednesday, so I'll be talking to my dealer about it then! Watch this space!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys. It was blinf assumption that it would be under the seat like most bikes. I found it securely fastened on the underside of my seat.

Thanks again

cheers

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks for that Guys. I must admit I didn't think to look on the seat itself. :eek:

Never the less, I've had a look on my standard seat (I've got a Gel Seat on the Bike), and I can see only an empty space. It's certainly not under the gel seat either. There's not even the retaining strap there. So I can only assume that mine is still at the dealers. :(

She goes for her 500 mile service next Wednesday, so I'll be talking to my dealer about it then! Watch this space!
Gel seat fitted by the dealer?
Guess what the mechanic/salesman forgot.:eek:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Forgot? Yes, probably. What has annoyed me though is that the salesman tried to tell me that Triumph Bikes no longer come with a tool kit as standard. He's going to be corrected, believe me. :YellowAngry:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Theft?

Hey could one of you guys take a picture of your '09 toolkit all spread out for me? Since I got my bike back from the dealer I believe somethings are missing. Hard to believe that the Service Techs don't have their own tools.... Anyways, I think I'll be finding another dealer.
Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I picked up my bike the dealer had the toolkit with the retaining strap separate and the financing person gave it to me with the paperwork.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, itemized list of contents or picture of tools in kit if someone has it. I think that my kit is missing some pieces as well. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Tool pouch, rubber loop for attaching pouch to seat, screwdriver handle, screwdriver, 17mm hex key for eccentric adjuster, extension arm, C-spanner for adjusting chain tightness.

Yes, you will need to buy a whole lot more if you are going to do anything besides adjust chain tightness or suspension settings.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Please?!?

Could someone just please walk out to their bike, take the seat off and take the tool kit and lay it out and take a picture and post it please? I have 3 items in my kit. just 3. no more. no less. I wanna bring a picture in with me to the dealer to show them right before the yelling starts...
Thanks a ton!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts