Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
The local dealer has a new 2009 Scrambler for $7000 U.S ($0 delivery charge). It seems like a good deal to me with the MSRP for a 2011/2012 Scrambler at $8800. Is this reasonable?

Are there any known issues with the 2009? I'm curious why this one has sat at the dealer for this long. Have there been any signficant redesign or mechanical changes since 2009?

Thanks for any information
Cheers

·
Registered
362 Posts
As long as it's EFI there shouldn't be any design changes. It should come with the 2 year warranty, too! Make sure of that.

7000.00 sounds like a good deal imho.

·
Premium Member
20,738 Posts
Models made in 2011 are being fitted with a modified airbox to accomodate a slightly larger battery in an attempt to overcome some of the problems we've seen since the EFI models were launched with a smaller unit than the carbed bikes.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
That's a good deal for a new bike. Buy it and riiiiide....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys.

After sitting on their floor all that time they just sold the 2009 today before I could get back there doh...

They have one more Scrambler in stock, a new 2010 for $7900 with no freight (2 year warranty). That still seems like a pretty decent deal for a new bike, though with the 2012s starting to arrive in October I imagine it could creep down a bit more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts