Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy **** i just put down my deposit on my new bike itll be here end of janu./early feb. i cant even tell you how long this 2 months is going to feel. i decided to go ahead and get the Arrow 3 into 1 exhaust system too, i figure itll be dealer tuned and everything. plus it is way better then the stock pipes no matter the dent in my pocket haha anyone live in the LA area lets ride in feb.!

anyone have their own pictures of this bike? if so please post

·
Registered
12 Posts
AdamOnealSays,

It's totally worth it to get the 3 into 1 pipe. The sound is low and throaty while idling but really screams above 7-8K rpm.

Plus, you'll save a lot of weight. I couldn't believe how much the stock exhaust weighed when the dealer handed me the boxes.

Finally, you can remove the passenger pegs and clean up the look of the rear end.

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Ah, thanks I was wondering if those rear pegs came off.

First thing I'll do to the bike when I get it in March.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Those rear pegs totally protect the back end of the bike in the event of a tip-over or slow-speed fall - trust me. :)

Neanderthal

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yup that sounds like the voice of experience talking. Thanks

I will be looking at options for sliders on the bike as it is going to the track occasionally.

I did a search on here but there are too many options and it would seem not all are effective.

I was searching for someone who was unfortunate enough to have first hand experience with how well the sliders worked.

There are several options for engine sliders, swingarm sliders, frame sliders etc. Looking for the best combination that are effective.

If the rear mounts provide some degree of protection I would be interested in looking at that.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i love the arrow exhaust cant wait to hear it. i was already thinking about removing those footpegs and will, also thinking about a carbon fibre undertail to make it real clean. many ideas just need the bike already haha feb. couldnt come soon enough

oh and thanks for the pictures, like the look, anyone have a picture with the arrow exhaust

·
Registered
267 Posts
I actually did change my deposit to an Orange "R".

Quite excited. I'm hoping the bike looks awesome and stands out even more than the green!

·
Registered
18 Posts
street tripl RRRRRRR

hi,
I just got my striple R. (dec 10)Week after my deposit. I live in torrance CA. Got it from Otd LA Cycle sports. When I was picking mine up, They were preping two other Rs.
You guys already know but I cant help repeating; This machine is soo much fun!!! Its fast , light, comfortable. I coundt ask for anything else. The only thing is the 'break in' period. It is really a torture. got to shift every 20 yards. And I cant realy go on freeways either 5000 rpm on sixth gear gives you 55 mph. people who live in LA area will know that wont cut it. So but Im soo happy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
cycle/biker, I like the way your bike looks. good combination. hopefully mine will look like that too one day (except the windshield)

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
My dealer just got the Demo R in, I took it out with 4km on the odometer and hammered the hell out of it for half a day. It will wheelie 2nd gear more easily than the standard, although I have no idea why, maybe the bars or the wheelbase make a difference? The high speed handling is way better than the standard streety, but I wish they had put the full hp motor into it. I also wish they did a gloss paint finish option, it`s a hell of a lot easier to look after, I mean, how to you wax a matt paint job?
I own a Speed Triple 1050 and a Daytona 675 and the R is not quite up to the Daytona in handling/stopping/power. Over 200kph it`s not pulling half as good as the Daytona does, part aerodynamics, part power I suppose. I`m VERY VERY sad to say, it will outhandle the 1050 speed triple in most areas and is not that far behind in power apart from absolutely flat out or midrange grunt.

Criticisms aside, I put deposits on 2 new ones. The first 2 that come into Aus are mine. They are not due in until late March and I am banking on them being in very short supply. By March I will have hopefuly raised the money for one and will be able to 'sell my place in the queue' for the other one. If neither of the above happens, I am in the sh**!!!

:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts