Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Nice does that go under the painted plastic piece?
Sorry I miss read this comment, no the flat piece does not go under the black plastic piece, goes on top like the rack. found a picture, not the best but I think you get the idea
81hezIDMjRL._AC_SX679_.jpg

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Now I have an issue I did not wash the bike just gave it a wipe down. Now it would not start. When i started it the last time it ran with the pet cock off. Now I tried to start it and I had put it in reserve. Still no start but now I pull the choke still not start put the pet cock on on. Still no start. Can you see something wrong? Thanks View attachment 722214

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I tried to start it again it was hard starting but got it to start but it died out again and would not start. I took out the plugs and both were wer when I got them out. When i took the picture of the plugs they were dried already the fuel has evaporated. Can I clean these plugs or replace them? What is the gap setting? Thanks

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
That hose that you plugged, what is it attached to at the other end? If it's the fuel tank vent hose do not plug it. Has the bike been sitting unused for a long time?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks for the reply I do not know where it goes I got the bike used and it ran fine a day or two ago until i plugged those hoses and there was one hose that I attached to the bottom of the tank. The AI has been previously removed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I just checked the plugs and they are DPR7EA-9 from what I read it should be DPR8EA-9. is there a reason why it would have that type of plug?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
It would be good to when all is sorted to install the correct plugs, but those plugs are slightly hotter than the OE's and not the reason for engine not starting. Is the fuel tank vent hose open and free to vent? If the bike was starting and running before you plugged that hose, remove the plug and give it a try. Where dose the other end of that hose go?

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
The following is not to solve your current problem, but is handy to know when trying to start the bike.

Give NO throttle at all when you try to start it. It absolutely will not start if you do that.

Play with the choke to get it started, all the way out is not always the best position, even with a cold motor. This varies from one bike to another, depending on how the carbs are set up and probably other factors.

Your spark plugs might not be right type, but they look fine.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts