Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All -

First let me apologize right out the gate if there's a thread or several posts on this. I did a forum search and I didn't find what I was looking for. I also tried looking at the schematic on bikebandit but still didn't find everything I need.

I've removed the stock mirrors from my '08 Thruxton and am going to install on the left side a bar ender I picked up from the dealer.

I'm having a tough time removing the mirror from that black bracket to which they're attached - the one that carries the two bolts into the other half to secure the mount. Are those black brackets threaded and should I be trying to turn those suckers out?

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Gurth

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
41 views and nobody knows how to get these things off? :confused: Come on! I don't even think there are 41 people in this forum still sporting the stock mirrors!

Help a brotha out! :D

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I figured it out. The stock mirrors have a threaded bolt end that screw into the black mounting bracket. (for anyone else's benefit)

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
41 views and nobody knows how to get these things off? :confused: Come on! I don't even think there are 41 people in this forum still sporting the stock mirrors!

Help a brotha out! :D
That's the problem, Gurthang. It's been so long that everyone's forgotten. :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh good point that hadn't occurred to me haha! I guess I do have quite a bit of catching up to do since I've had the bike for just over a year and this is the first mod I've done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts