Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Purchased a 2008 EFI Speedy about a month ago and have a couple of questions that I hope you might be able to help with.

1) I noticed there is a cable with a connector on the end that is just "hanging" not plugged into anything. I will take a photo when it's light outside however it is located on the left side of the bike, diagonally down/right from the idle control switch. Because I purchased this bike second hand, I'm not sure if it was intentionally unplugged or if it has just popped off some how. From the vague description so far, ring any bells what it might be? (it's not the ECU cable from under the seat)

EDIT: Here are the pics of the cable I'm referring to.

2) The bike was listed as having "exhaust modifications" which I believe was just a "baffelectomy" going by the looks and sound. I feel that the previous owner probably didn't get the ECU remapped (lots of pops on decel) so I have purchased a cable and will do a read with TuneECU to see if it's running the stock map. If it is, I plan on applying a OEM TOR Map from http://www.tuneecu.com/Twin_OEM_Tune_list.html Question is, do I just select the newest map for my bike type?

EG:
20330Map.hex *OEM * **
Use with aftermarket silencers and mechanical odometer

That's it for now! Any help or guidance would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Simzywheeler

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I have the same connector on my America. Nothing wrong, just an unused option I guess.
Even with the correct map (short TORs with "aftermarket pipe" map) mine gurgled and popped a good bit on deceleration. An occasional blue flame and backfire as well. I did try the stock map again and it was much worse. Just an FYI, do check and make sure there is not any air leaking from the header pipe / muffler joint as this will add to the issue. I would try the most recent map available, TuneECU makes it very easy & is a great tool to have. Have since removed the SAI stuff and the gurgle is gone and missed a bit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the same connector on my America. Nothing wrong, just an unused option I guess.
Even with the correct map (short TORs with "aftermarket pipe" map) mine gurgled and popped a good bit on deceleration. An occasional blue flame and backfire as well. I did try the stock map again and it was much worse. Just an FYI, do check and make sure there is not any air leaking from the header pipe / muffler joint as this will add to the issue. I would try the most recent map available, TuneECU makes it very easy & is a great tool to have. Have since removed the SAI stuff and the gurgle is gone and missed a bit.
Sweet, thanks for the reply!

Last night I was actually thinking it might be an accessory power plug (like you mentioned) that is not in use. I chucked a multimeter across the pins and I have direct 12v battery voltage across the pins so you must be able to purchase adapters for this ISO plug to plug in accessories.

Thanks for the info RE ECU Maps also. I will do a map dump to see what I'm running and go from there! I don't mind the pops and burbles, I like the sound, so long as it isn't hurting the bike, I'm ok with it :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts