Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Crew,
I would like to do my own brake job. But my manual is an early edition and does not have the Brembo's. Does anyone know where I can get that information?

Also, what type of stand would you suggest for removal of the front wheel. I have a Pit Bull for the rear and like it. I'm thinking lift the front and place some sort of support under the bike so I can work on the front end.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Larry

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Sorry, I can't help you with the Brembos but wouldn't it be the same type of process as other brakes?

Anyway, as to a front stand, it depends on how much work you plan to do yourself. You could go the whole way and get a stand from Pit Bull or T Rex that lives under the steering head. That will allow you to work on the forks,etc.

If you don't plan on doing that type of work, you can get a regular front stand with the little tips that goes into the bottom of the forks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have the PitBull steering stem stand; it's as good as their other stands, which is to say, excellent.
What service do the brakes need?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What service do the brakes need?
My rear is getting down there. Also the fronts sometimes pulse. I think the front pads are dirty.

I tend to brake coming into the corners. The idea is to load the suspension a bit. Trail brake it's called. Hard to do but it keeps the suspension from bouncing and lets you turn later. Why be normal?!?

So, in the interest of cost saving I'm going to do it myself. This also removes the doubt of did the mechanic do everything they should have.

Larry

·
Registered
171 Posts
Larry, if your just changing the pads you don't need a stand in front, or rear fer that matter, I can change all three sets in about 45 minutes to an hour. Including stopping for a cup of coffee in the middle.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Larry, if your just changing the pads you don't need a stand in front, or rear fer that matter, I can change all three sets in about 45 minutes to an hour. Including stopping for a cup of coffee in the middle.
Coffee? When wrenching????? :confused:

The manual specifically states there to be consumption of beer ANYtime a wrench is in one's hands. Now go put down the coffee and change your tampon, grab a beer and get to work. :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeah but the triumph rep hates when he sees me put down my beer and go test ride a customers bike, come to think of it so do the customers...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts