Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where does one find an rear axle nut socket that fully engages the nut? I got a Sears and a SK socket but they only engage the outer 1/4 inch of the nut before hitting the wheel hub [ and I don't want to bung up the hub]. Also, is it OK to use an air gun to loosen the nut? I'll use a torque wrench to put it back on.:confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
My socket doesn't quite grab all off the nut but it works OK. I do use an air gun. I made a thin plastic gasket so the socket would not touch the hub.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I posted about this before, but here it is again:
on the Ducati Multistrada board there is a guy (UglyDuc) selling rear wheel nut wrenches. I've got one, works like a charm, is lightweight and compact so you can even carry it with you on the trip.
From the Ducati board post:
"This product is a wheel and sprocket wrench to fit all Ducati and Triumph motorcycles with single sided swing arms. The wrench includes both 46mm and 41mm six point hex sockets. It is precision laser cut from 3/16 inch (4.75 mm) Bethlehem T-1 alloy steel which has over double the tensile strength of plain carbon steel. It is 16 inches (406 mm) long and has been zinc plated to type III US military specifications. It weighs just 17 ounces (approximately 1/2 kilogram). I have designed it for touring and track day use or just to add to your shop toolbox if you just want something that won't take up a lot of room.

The price is $34 US plus $16 for domestic shipping and handling. I can ship anywhere else in the world for $26 US. I ship domestically using USPS Priority Mail service, which is generally a two day service. Overseas I have to ship by Air Parcel Post.

I can accept payment through PayPal.com only. Please make payment to; [email protected]

Carl Hansen"

I have no interest in this venture, nor do I get any commission; just providing information.
Here is link to the thread, looks like these wrenches are still for sale.

Edit: it looks like you have to login to access this thread, but there is enough information above to contact the guy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts