Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.
Question for you. The Brembo brake bleeder on the 08 triple. Is this a speed bleeder? That is, check valve equipped. I'm thinking it is and all I need to do is loosen it 1/4 turn and pump the brake to purge.

Thanks.
Larry

·
Registered
445 Posts
Not sure if it is or not. I used the old 2 pieces of tubing with the check valve in the middle. One tip - make sure to put some tissue paper to dry out what is left in the nipple on the master cylinder after you've bled that one. It is a tiny amount of fluid but enough to ruin the first hour of your next ride as you try stop it from flying all over your tank.

I do have to ask if you are happy with the brembos? I have 6 pot Alcons on my 96 T3 which are much stronger. I bled mine because they felt spongy. They still feel a bit weak.....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The Brembo's have lots of stopping power. Also, I find with Pazzo levers set close in, I can two finger the brakes and get a good feel. I continue to work on trying to improve this skill (do we ever stop?). So I guess the answer to your question is yes, I like them.

However, I am doing the brakes as the front now pulse when stopping. At this stage of the work, I don't know if it's warped disks, bad pads or both. My garage is not heated and it's well below freezing where I live so this may take awhile. Probably not a good idea to torque bolts in such low temps with contracting metal and all.

The rear pads are getting down after one season. But I lead with the rear and have done some track days.

I wish I did not sell my dial indicator! Rats! For the cost of a new one, may as well bring the front wheel to the dealer to check the run out on the disks.

·
Registered
458 Posts
My stealer today said the Brembo's do NOT have speed bleeders. You can order them for about $18.

You reminded me that I have 13k miles on my fluid so I changed it tonight with a helper. I had him hold the brake lever in everytime I opened the bleeder and continued until all the dark color fluid was gone. We also did the Master. Now, I have nice clear fluid again and brakes feel awesome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts