Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are the 2008 (US, carb) header pipes on the bonneville and thruxton identical?

kind of an urgent question if anyone knows for sure

please only answer if you are absolutely certain

thank you

·
Registered
204 Posts
I believe the Thruxton pipes are a little longer, allowing the upswept mufflers. Either should bolt on. I haven't switched pipes yet, but I think that's right.
Mike

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if I was to install the thrux headers on my bonny with some BC sleepers, I should not run into any problems?

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
if I was to install the thrux headers on my bonny with some BC sleepers, I should not run into any problems?
I'm not sure about the BC Sleepers. You would have to run a Thrux specific sleeper, if they offer one. The angle at which the headers meet the mufflers is different on the thrux vs bonnie.

cool, but why are they better?
better design, more length out of the head before the first bend, they make more hp.

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure about the BC Sleepers. You would have to run a Thrux specific sleeper, if they offer one. The angle at which the headers meet the mufflers is different on the thrux vs bonnie.

better design, more length out of the head before the first bend, they make more hp.

ok thanks for the info, sweat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts