Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Matte Black 2010 Speed Triple because it was the last 2010 within 500 miles of me. I could have traveled to get the next closest bike in orange, which was really the color I wanted but I didn't think it would matter that much.

Today I saw an orange one at the Barber Vintage Festival and now I definitely wish I'd gotten the orange one.

I think I may have to try to find someone that wants to trade orange parts for matte black!

·
Registered
620 Posts
They perfected the orange in 09, all be it on the Street Triple R.

The orange in matte finish is the best colour Triumph have released yet

·
Registered
656 Posts
I bought my Matte Black 2010 Speed Triple because it was the last 2010 within 500 miles of me. I could have traveled to get the next closest bike in orange, which was really the color I wanted but I didn't think it would matter that much.

Today I saw an orange one at the Barber Vintage Festival and now I definitely wish I'd gotten the orange one.

I think I may have to try to find someone that wants to trade orange parts for matte black!
you have such good taste

·
Registered
656 Posts
Orange is the 2nd fastest color! :)
My roulette green 07 got more comments and attention than my 09 orange and was also faster, so you are right about orange being the 2nd fastest colour :D.
I still have a weak spot for roulette green and if my 09 ever needs painting well green it will be.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Green is super sick too! I'd love to see an 09 and even an 11-12 painted that color!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
My roulette green 07 got more comments and attention than my 09 orange and was also faster, so you are right about orange being the 2nd fastest colour :D.
I still have a weak spot for roulette green and if my 09 ever needs painting well green it will be.
Orange is really nice, Roulette Green is very very tasty, Imperial Purple is not for plebs or those who are dull people, Black always has mass appeal and Sulpher Yellow is for those who need seriious help ................... White is what you choose when faced with little choice.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
I wont debate which is faster since I can't even tell which of my bikes is the quickest. But, I do know that Orange is a great bike on the LONG road.

·
Registered
891 Posts
wabill, looks like you are in for the "long haul" and "haulin ass" all in one! HELL YEAH!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Love my Blazin' orange speedy... Really stands out, best colour by far!

I don't really get the matte paint on the streety, looks like it was left outside for too long and the paints oxidised and needs a good polish.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Matte Orange is cool, as is the Matte Black.
But don't do those colours for 2012 so got a White one :)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Me too! There wasnt much choice when I got mine, white black or red.

Red is for Ducatis, black I dont like unless the entire bike is black right down to every bolt, so white it is

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Yup, Blazing Orange
It's good to see that I'm not alone in touring with Speedy. I'll say that most everybody that I met on the road that commented on the bike loved the color. I think the Hot Green gets more reaction to either loving it or hating it.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
656 Posts

Can confirm, green looks really good.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts