Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2009 Bonneville Fusion White for my wife. We both love the bike. Dealer has a 2007 Red Thruxton for $7499.00 out the door price I just have to pay tax and license in Louisiana is this a good price? Also this bike has bars and not clip ons what year did this change? Any problems I need to know about concerning 07 Thruxtons? Thinking hard about this bike it is a beauty brand new 0 miles. Thanks in advance for any input on this.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thats less than I paid for my 07 standard Bonnie. I'd say its a good price. They just changed over from clip ons this year. I'm thinking they switched it to bars for a customer and then the buyer backed out? I think that there was a recall on the 07 Thrux for some reason but if it's a reputable dealer they would have fixed it already.

·
Registered
317 Posts
He still has a brand new 2007? That's odd. There was a thread a few days ago where someone got on '08 Thruxton for 6500. Unless you just have to have it, I think an offer around 7K is better.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have a 2007 thruxton, i had the heli bars put on as it was used at a dealer. all thruxtons here in the us had clip ons up to this year.

7500 seems high for a bike thats 2 yrs old. Id offer 6800 cash (if you can swing it) and see what they say,

best of luck

·
Registered
616 Posts
Just bought a 2009 Bonneville Fusion White for my wife. We both love the bike. Dealer has a 2007 Red Thruxton for $7499.00 out the door price I just have to pay tax and license in Louisiana is this a good price? Also this bike has bars and not clip ons what year did this change? Any problems I need to know about concerning 07 Thruxtons? Thinking hard about this bike it is a beauty brand new 0 miles. Thanks in advance for any input on this.
2009 was the first year for regular handlebars. I have an 08 with clip-ons.

It's a pretty common aftermarket change.

·
Registered
36 Posts
$7499 for an '07 when they sold for $7999 in 2007 and you still have to pay tax and licensing is a rip off. How many other mods were done to the bike?

·
Registered
24 Posts
There are new 2008 Thruxtons that can be had for $7,199 at dealers (listed sale price w/o destination and prep, which probably accounts for your $7,499 figure).

Since the one you are looking at is a 2007, I would demand even more discount.

BTW: not sure what "out the door" means if you still have to pay tax and license.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2007 Thruxton

The bike is priced at $7499.00 it is located in Mississippi, the price includes all freight and prep. I will then transport the bike to Louisiana pay my 8% sales tax on the $7499.00 plus $38.50 for registration and tag. Thanks for all the input, anybody know the MSRP for the 2007 Thruxton? Yeah I want the bike but I'm patient and I'll shop for best price even if I have to travel a bit. We drove to Mississippi because the Louisiana dealer wouldn't deal on Vickies 09 Bonneville. We saved over $1300.00 by driving up to Mississippi and buying there. Thanks all. Best Regards

1 - 8 of 8 Posts