Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow was last weekend hot in Zürich and I'm not talking about the mid 50's°f (12°c) temps we're having in February..!! Despite the unseasonably mild weather enticing the masses to head outdoors over 61,000 people did just the opposite and headed indoors to see the 2007 Swiss-Moto Expo which ran from 15-18 of February setting a record high attendance. Just about anything imaginable on 2 wheels was to be found there (including a few 3 and 4 wheeled contraptions). Highlighting the event was something never before done at the Swiss-Moto, The 2007 World Championship Streetbike Freestyle which was held on a 50 meter indoor track located on the third floor of the exposition hall. Needless to say the event was a huge success, standing room only during the entire show..!!
Anyway.. on with the pics.

Where's Waldo..? You have a 1 in 61,000 chance of finding him..

And the big question on everyone's mind is... Well..? Where's Triumph..??
Don't worry, they weren't as hard to find as Waldo was. Triumph had an excellent stand with 16 bikes on display.

Only complaint I had was their insistence on calling security when I refused to loosen my grip on the handlebars and dismount the Speed Triple..
Hey..!! Why's he getting to sit on it longer than I did...?!?! The little twerp..

There was also a few performance bikes on display at some of the stands, of course the only ones worth looking at were the S3's.

Also on display were the freaks of nature like the Carver (3 wheeled leaning bike) and my favorite, The Monotracer. Don't know if you've ever seen one of these things but watching one approach a stop sign as it defies gravity is absolutely mind boggling. Milli-seconds before coming to a complete stop and flopping over on it's side the landing gear pop out and keep the thing upright.

Not meaning to group this picture in with the freaks of nature but yes.. EVERYbody in the "business" had a stand at the Swiss-Moto..

Don't worry.. The Swiss-Moto was definitely the place to bring the whole family..!!

To finish this off I'd just like to say it was a great expo and will be looking forward to next year's Swiss-Moto which will be held Feb. 21-24, 2008.
See you all there.. :upthumb:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics. Looks loke a good show. :)

BTW. I didn't know there were as many as 61,000 people in Switzerland. :-D

·
Registered
637 Posts
It looks like it was a great show.
Truly amazing that Triumph could make a Swiss show, but wouldn't attend a single show in the U.S. (again)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts