Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought a centerstand for this bike? I bought it, put the brackets on, and now the foot extension arm (to push down on the stand to engage it)hits the frame of the bike and will not install. Did I do something wrong? Is it made wrong or is it bent? Or is this thing suppose to be offset to one side or the other?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Ahhh. I had the exact same problem on my 06. You have the wrong stand. There is no way to make that one work. As it turns out the factory catalog had the wrong pt nmbr.

Now when you get the right one it will come with these cheesy panhead screws that don't even have a smooth shank where they go through the bushings and they're way to small for the bushings. I got some brass bushings for mine to fix this, but a good alternative would be to aquire the screws out of the previous model's kit. It would at least fit the bushings in the stand in a precise manner.

By the way, the brackets, stand and screws are different for the correct kit. Sorry I don't have the correct pt nmbr.

My info came from Triumph America Headquarters in Newnan,Georgia.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I went throught the same deal when i ordered the stand a few weeks ago.

The screws that hold the stand in place are cheesy, and when you torque them down the stand will not move. it seems like they should have used Shoulder bolts. I'm going to look into replacing the bolts in mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts