Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As have recently obtained a 2006 955i which did not have owner manual (did have ABS manual) would like a current 2006 manual

Any suggestion to find a Owner Manual and Workshop Manual for 2006 Tiger 955i

link to source would be appreciated thanks

Alan:laugh2:

·
Registered
19 Posts
This might not be the completely correct manual. My understanding is that the late model 955i has a different engine that utilises some parts from the 1050 while Triumph were in the process of phasing out the 955 and bringing in the 1050. I have this particular manual and there appear to be subtle differences, for instance it seems to list a different number of clutch plates to what I have in my bike, a 2005 tiger 955i and what the manual expects. For the most part, this manual will do you, but I'm pulling my hair out trying to find a definitive set of tolerances for things like valve clearances and clutch wear limits etc. A lot of the information in forums is quite contradictory about what went on, with these particular bikes and whether the 955i or 1050 tolerances are applicable. I feel a certain amount of annoyance with the somewhat limited documentation support on triumph's own website. When I get my next bike, I will do a lot more research into documentation support before I buy it.

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
30 quid is really cheap. I think they were over 100 quid new
You're right, I mistakenly thought I had the Owners manual which is around £50. I've just had a look & what I actually have is the Workshop service manual, which probably is over £100.

I know electronic copies are available too but they're usually poor quality. I have one of those too but it's over 22MB so too big to e-mail.

For reference the part number is 3857017, there's a few on eBay (UK) at the moment for around the £30 mark, but they're all from outside the UK so postage is high.

Just noticed, one of the sellers in in Australia if that helps
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Motorcycle-Factory-Service-Workshop-Manual-Tiger-955cc-3857017-5965/182686408851?epid=16006160217&hash=item2a88f56093:g:zZIAAOSwFypZeCe~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts