Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 24k maintenence coming up and in the checklist it recommends replacing the fuel filter. I have not ripped the bike apart yet, as I am still gathering up the parts for what work I can do.

Problem: I cannot locate the fuel filter on BikeBandits OEM microfiche......There is really a fuel filter in the 2006 ST correct? Anyone have a pic of it in place on bike? Does it look like a standard fuel filter? How about even locating it in BikeBandits OEM microfiche for me :D?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Its unfortunatly part of the fuel pump assembly. It is something like $300 plus dollars. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Triumph has never updated their maintenance schedules relative to the integrated pump and fuel filter. Maybe wishful thinking on their part, but I have not heard of anyone changing a filter as part of scheduled maintenance.

We know that the pump and filter are common to other vehicles, but so far, no one has determined the specifics. Probably because failure is rare.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So my maintainence check sheet is listing a legacy fuel filter item then?

Cool, one less thing to worry about. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Although (apparently) the '05 -> up bikes are different, I can say that when I cut the filter I took out of my '03 apart, the element looked almost new.

5-1/2 years and almost 24,000 miles on it.

The 'sock' was pretty much clean, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts